+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretched View Post
    I have a Scanpan CTX chefs pan and a Classic Scanpan smaller pan. The difference in quality is noticeable and the classic isn't suitable for induction cooktops.

I loved my CTX but I think I was too mean to it. For the first couple of years the non-stick was amazing - everything would slide off with no oil required. I've used metal utensils and always put it in the dishwasher. It says you can dishwasher it but it may cause the nonstick to deteriorate faster so I think that was my mistake. It isn't peeling like Teflon, just needs a bit of oil to cook now.
    I too have had a scanpan chefs pan and by the end needed oil but it had also started to peel around the edges. Hubby says he wouldn't be happy to get another one. He has been very helpful fine tuning his bbq skills lately so I haven't been complaining.

Katie'smum - maybe our scanpan just hasn't been treated as well as it should have. I can't remember exactly when we got it either. It would have to be less than 10 years.

Sent using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by Farmboys; 05-06-2014 at 10:12.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Firsttimemum34 - will keep those in mind. I have had a quick browse in the myer website. Just need to organise a day shopping trip to get to Myers! They seem to stock analon, Jamie Oliver, tefal and scanpan from memory.

HeyMissA - unfortunately I don't have access to an aldi.

Is anyone a choice member as I found a non stick frypan review but can't get the results as I'm not a member.
    http://www.choice.com.au/reviews-and...d-compare.aspx

Last edited by Farmboys; 05-06-2014 at 10:59.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Subbing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I've got quite a few of the Scanpan Classic range in different sizes, as well as a stovetop grill plate, and think they're awesome. I always hand wash them though and rub a bit of oil into the non-stick surface after every few washes. That's probably what's kept the surface intact. About three of them would be coming up to the 10 year mark.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat74 View Post
    I've got quite a few of the Scanpan Classic range in different sizes, as well as a stovetop grill plate, and think they're awesome. I always hand wash them though and rub a bit of oil into the non-stick surface after every few washes. That's probably what's kept the surface intact. About three of them would be coming up to the 10 year mark.
    I might try seasoning mine with oil and see if it can get back into form. The CTX has a different coating to the classic though so don't know, worth a try though!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @Stretched, have a look online at Scanpan for care instructions. The Classic ones specifically recommend seasoning with oil on a regular basis.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cat74 For This Useful Post:

Stretched  (05-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Farmboys,

Here are some tips from CHOICE about what to look for in a frypan:
    • Size: A frypan should suit the size of your cooktop elements and fit into your sink for cleaning
    • Base: A thick, heavy base generally gives better heat distribution and cooking performance
    • Easy cleaning: Avoid a painted exterior and grooved surfaces
    • Weight: will you be able to handle the load when it’s full
    • Handle: Look for a handle with a soft, moulded grip that's long enough to hold with two hands if required
    • Extra support handle: can help with lifting
    If you'd like to access our full frypan test results and recommendations you can purchase the single report for $20 or become a CHOICE online member for $7.98 per month http://www.choice.com.au/shop/Member...mberships.aspx

Hope that helps

CHOICE Social Media

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the info of hat to look for.

Ladydeebug tell me what you have found to be the best with the stone types. Have you owned a scanpan and could do a comparison for me?

Cat74 sounds like a lot more TLC should have been given to the scanpan in our house!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretched View Post
    I have a Scanpan CTX chefs pan and a Classic Scanpan smaller pan. The difference in quality is noticeable and the classic isn't suitable for induction cooktops.

I loved my CTX but I think I was too mean to it. For the first couple of years the non-stick was amazing - everything would slide off with no oil required. I've used metal utensils and always put it in the dishwasher. It says you can dishwasher it but it may cause the nonstick to deteriorate faster so I think that was my mistake. It isn't peeling like Teflon, just needs a bit of oil to cook now.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I just wanted to update. This was covered under their 10yr warranty and I now have a brand new pan! So in love with my CTX again!! They get 10/10 for customer care too.

I noticed this is the range they use on masterchef too.