+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Fry pan recommendations please

I am looking to purchase a new nonstick fry pan and wanted to know what others have found to be the best. There are just so many options to choose from. I am looking for one to use on a smeg electric cooktop. Something that will last.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My sister and I are fry pan addicts. My current fry pan is a circulon and my last was a scan pan.

My sister (who has had the same pans as me over last few years) swears by her new stonedine style cookware. It wasn't cheap but she said that it is actually as good as they claim it is. I'd be interested to hear others opinions!

Admittedly, I've been a little underwhelmed with my last few pans. DH does give them a thrashing though. I found him trying to dice chicken in my circulon last night, using a metal cleaver!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have a Scanpan CTX chefs pan and a Classic Scanpan smaller pan. The difference in quality is noticeable and the classic isn't suitable for induction cooktops.

I loved my CTX but I think I was too mean to it. For the first couple of years the non-stick was amazing - everything would slide off with no oil required. I've used metal utensils and always put it in the dishwasher. It says you can dishwasher it but it may cause the nonstick to deteriorate faster so I think that was my mistake. It isn't peeling like Teflon, just needs a bit of oil to cook now.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using The Bub Hub mobile app

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I bought a couple of circulon fry pans from Myer during their boxing day sales. Usually pricey but on sale = reasonable.
    These are the second circulon pans i've had - the first dying because I thought I knew better than the instructions and kept putting them in the dishwasher. They do not like the dishwasher! This time around hot water and wipe out and they're perfect.
    I think the last fry pan I had before that was a basic Gabriel Gate from Harris Scarf and it was fantastic.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    stretched - My scanpans did the same thing. Took the first back under warranty, the second did it even quicker. Sales lady tried to tell me it was using olive oil that gets too hot - which I think is rubbish. Won't go back to scanpan now.

Moved over to Jamie Oliver tefal ones - lasted about 2 years each and was happy with them but then got a 'temporary' Aldi one and they have lasted longer than the Jamie Oliver ones - over 2 years each and they're typically only $30. Heavy based, long lasting, I'm seriously impressed. I brought a spare and it sat in the cupboard for over 2 years still wrapped as the first one just didn't die/ peel.

Coming from a frypan snob, I won't go back to the big brands now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'll just add - no metal on the Aldi ones but it's dishwasher all the way in my house

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    my scanpan big one (dunno what size, but large with a glass lid) as lasted perfectly for a long time now.

I did buy a smaller, shallower (and less heavy based) one a couple of years ago, but it isnt as good.

still - I would buy scanpan again

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HeyMissA View Post
    stretched - My scanpans did the same thing. Took the first back under warranty, the second did it even quicker. Sales lady tried to tell me it was using olive oil that gets too hot - which I think is rubbish. Won't go back to scanpan now.
    I didn't think about seeing if it's covered under warranty. I just fished it out and it's covered for 10 years. I'll have to email Everten (who I bought them from) and see if they can help. I always take lots of care not to let it overheat but just checked the instructions again and it definitely says you can put them in the dishwasher.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CountryLovin View Post
    My current fry pan is a circulon and my last was a scan pan.

My sister (who has had the same pans as me over last few years) swears by her new stonedine style cookware. It wasn't cheap but she said that it is actually as good as they claim it is. I'd be interested to hear others opinions!

Admittedly, I've been a little underwhelmed with my last few pans. DH does give them a thrashing though. I found him trying to dice chicken in my circulon last night, using a metal cleaver!
    I haven't come across the circulon pan yet and haven't heard a great deal of feedback about the stone dine cookware either.
    I had a little chuckle at the hubby comment as I too have one like that!

Sent using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    We're obsessed with our stonegrill pan!