+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption

Default For those of you who has a Kitchen Aid...

Please help me! DH wants to get me one for my birthday but i want to make sure i get the right one!

I had a look on their website and there is a food processor and a mixer? I thought you could get one that does it all?

If you have one, please let me know which one you have and what you use it for/like most/favourite attachments?

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have the kitchenaid mixer. It's great, I use it to make pizza dough, pasta dough, ice cream cake, macarons (fail here), whipping up cream etc. I am sure it can do so much more which other people may help with their replies.
    I just have the standard attachments but would love the flexi beater (?) and glass bowl.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jontu For This Useful Post:

bpac  (02-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I have both - the stand mixer (the one that comes in tons of colours) which you can use as a normal mixer to whip eggs, cream, cake batters and then also mix dough ( using the dough hook) so great for pizzas/bread/tortillas/ and then you buy attachments which attach to the machine , I have the ice cream maker, mincer and pasta roller ( I want the ravioli maker next!) there is a sausage maker, juicer , a few more pasta attachments as well

you can get a slicer but I use my kitchen aid food processor for that -( looks just like a normal processor and only comes in a handful of colours) it comes with a variety of slicer attachments so you can chop/dice/julienne as well a mix /chop anything like nuts, curry pastes , anything really!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

bpac  (02-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't have a Kitchen Aid, but I have a Kenwood stand mixer that has a blender and food processor that attach at the top. I absolutely love it! Not as pretty as a Kitchen Aid, but works really well. It comes with the nicer you can also get a pasta maker like the KA.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello, I have the kitchen aid mixer and it is fantastic. I bake a lot so I use it for everything. I have the mincing attachment and pasta maker. They are great.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I have the Kitchen Aid Artisan mixer and blender. I don't actually have any special attachments for the mixer but, like @Jontu, would love the flexi beater and the glass bowl (neither were available as options when I got mine 5.5 years ago). I use it for lots of baking - batters, doughs, whipping - and also making ice cream. A bit of dry ice in the metal bowl (℅ Heston Blumenthal recipes) makes gorgeous creamy ice cream.

The blender was last year's Christmas present and I wanted it specifically for making fruit smoothies (I have one everyday) but have also ended up using it for spice pastes, purees and finely chopping herbs/garlic. It chops and purees really well - perfect if you only need a small quantity and don't want the big bowl of a food processor.

I currently have a Breville food processor (a frequent flyer freebie) but am thinking of replacing it with the mid-range Kitchen Aid one (KFP1333) as the Breville blades are getting a bit blunt and it does tend to leave a few lumps and is a PITA to clean.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have the stand mixer with the ice cream maker, pasta rollers, mincer + sausage maker, slicer and citrus juicer attachments.

I have NEVER used the mincer and sausage maker attachments - they were given as a wedding present. I don't think I would really use them now, as I have a Thermomix that can mince.

I love the KitchenAid stand mixer for whipping creams and egg whites (I prefer using it to the Thermomix), and for making/rolling fresh pasta.

I've never owned a food processor of any variety (until the Thermomix) so can't really comment on that.