+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RobinSparkles View Post
    Attachment 55853
    I keep most here and have a plastic tub with the rest which I rotate when he gets bored of the current selection.
    Where do you get this kind of shelving from? I really want to do this when our new house is finished.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennos Mummy View Post
    Where do you get this kind of shelving from? I really want to do this when our new house is finished.
    They're from ikea, RIBBA picture ledges.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to RobinSparkles For This Useful Post:

Bennos Mummy  (04-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by twolittlemunchkins View Post
    I love this bookshelf. Where did you get it?? Might take some rearranging of the playroom but I think I could make it fit
    I got it here http://www.hipkids.com.au/buy/oscar-...kshelf/HP00103

It's great with the toy box underneath. DS also has a matching table and chairs as well http://www.hipkids.com.au/buy/aston-...torage/HP00072

5. The Following User Says Thank You to WiseOldOwl For This Useful Post:

twolittlemunchkins  (04-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by WiseOldOwl View Post
    I got it here http://www.hipkids.com.au/buy/oscar-...kshelf/HP00103

It's great with the toy box underneath. DS also has a matching table and chairs as well http://www.hipkids.com.au/buy/aston-...torage/HP00072
    Thanks so much, they are awesome! The extra toy box will definitely come in handy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    I have. 4 of these all over the house - I like them as he can see which book he wants instead of pulling them all out !
    Attachment 55708
    After being inspired by @Elijahs Mum , I bought a couple of these from Toys R Us. They are bright coloured, but our playroom is Very Hungry Caterpillar themed so they match in well! Such a nice idea

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ArthurDent For This Useful Post:

Elijahs Mum  (05-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kooglekat View Post
    After being inspired by @Elijahs Mum , I bought a couple of these from Toys R Us. They are bright coloured, but our playroom is Very Hungry Caterpillar themed so they match in well! Such a nice idea
    Do you have a picture? I'm looking for one for my sons room.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ours are stored in this
    http://www.babymode.com.au/Product/8...rage-Solutions
    I love it because it will last forever, and with three kids they get one shelf each for their books (handy when you have a child old enough to be in to chapter books, and does book swaps with their friends as they are kept up high enough that the youngest can't pull them off the shelf whilst getting his book and subsequently bending covers etc when he shoves them back in), and then there's a 'books for everybody' shelf which is generally where we pick books from when I read to them as they suit everyone (less the older one now....but she reads independently now anyway...30-60 minutes every night + more during the day).
    They borrow books from the school library, and we borrow from the council library every school holidays, but I do cull books from the bookshelf so we don't need another bookshelf
    We've had this bookshelf for nine years now...it used to store teddies in the nursery, and now it's full of books.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Show me: how you store your kids books

Quote Originally Posted by 2BlueBirds View Post
    Do you have a picture? I'm looking for one for my sons room.
    Here you go. It's quite small, I took a wider shot of the room as well so you can see the size. It fits well into small spaces which is handy, I have one in each kids room as well.

I think the one Elijah's Mum has looks a bit bigger?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404559220.803771.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1404559243.665810.jpg

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ArthurDent For This Useful Post:

2BlueBirds  (05-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We're currently looking for more shelving.. We have a book storage problem.. LOL
    My son would have around or in excess of 2000 books. He spends most of his pocket money on books - we have whole sets and things, all from second hand shops. They range from around 5c to $5 for what he's prepared to pay.

My daughter has about 150 ish (books of her own) at the moment.

My books are - some in the shed, a whole (large) shelf in the linen cupboard (so the linen is in underbed storage boxes from ikea) and a couple in our room.
    We're constantly checking gumtree, the local paper and garage sales for floor to ceiling, solid wood shelves. Hoping we land some soon!