+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default What type of blanket do you use

For your babies in cooler weather?

Nights have been quite cool here in Sydney and I have no idea what to cover my 4month old DS in?

Usually he's in a inesie, with an ergo cocoon wrap (or similar) with a fluffy blanket on top, but he kicks it off and wakes up. Last night he woke 6 times, the most EVER and I think maybe he was cold? His sleep has been shocking lately

I put another thinner blanket over him as well but he still woke. Then I brought him into bed with me at about 5 am and he seemed to sleep a little better.

I notice he sleeps well when he's really toasty.

I can't use a grobag yet as his arms are still all over the place and even in the ergo cocoon his arms wake him as he brings them right up to his face.

I'm desperate for a decent nights sleep!

He went from waking max twice a night since birth and he's never ever who ken before 11:30 for a feed (with 6&7pm bedtime) but the past week he's been waking 9:30 and 10:30 and won't resettle unless i feed him...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I use a fleece onesie on top of a normal onesie and have a small oil heater.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I always just layered clothing for mine until I felt they would be warm enough. Blankets never stayed on >.<

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    We are in Canberra so it gets quite cold overnight. DS2 is 9 months and he wears a singlet, wondersuit, socks and a Bonds sleeveless winter sleeping bag. No blankets because he moves too much! We have an oil heater on low overnight to keep the chill away and his room doesn't fall below 18.

We were away last month and our accommodation was freezing! I had him in a singlet, long sleeve romper, wondersuit, socks, trackies and his sleeping bag. He was toasty!

ETA: before DS2 was in the sleeping bag we used a Halo sleep sack which is a sleeveless sleeping bag and swaddle in one. He started sleeping through when we put him in one... I hope you find something that works!

Sent from my XT925 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by Hamilicious; 02-06-2014 at 13:06.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks, problem is I just don't have enough clothes for him... He's outgrown everything I had from DS1

I also only have short sleeved vests.