+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 47 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you

My partner is being very cautious about it all. Seeing the words 'pregnant' on the digital made it slightly more real this morning, but he wants to take it one step at a time. He wants to make sure the doctor thinks it's viable before getting too excited. We talked about it tonight and both agreed that it will be if/when we get to see a heartbeat we'll feel like we can allow ourselves to get excited.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes Daisy, I can understand what you mean about your partner being cautious. Definitely agree that swing the word pregnant would be pretty awesome and a lot better than looking at 2 lines

i totally agree about the heartbeat too x

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DaniSam For This Useful Post:

Daisy82  (14-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry guys been away all weekend and only checking now in my tea break. Congrats daisy !!!!!!!!!! Fingers crossed that you keep seeing the lines and that a Bt and everything confirms!!!!!
    Glad to know that out of us 3 someone had some good news!!!
    Keep us informed!!!! Will try to write back more tonight. Xxxxx

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tassiewife For This Useful Post:

Daisy82  (14-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Tassiewife How was your girls weekend?

I rang my GYN today to let her know about my BFP but she’s on leave so a nurse will call me tomorrow. I also tried to get in to see my GP, but she’s also on leave! But I managed to get into my partner’s GP (same clinic) and it was a bit of an anti-climax. I was thinking I would get a urine test and blood test, but instead she said that if I received a BFP on a home tests it’s exactly the same so wouldn’t bother with any tests. She gave me a due date of 10th March based on the first day of my last AF which would make me 6 weeks, but I think it’s wrong given I O’d late. I’m thinking I’m more around 4 weeks (so due date 24th March). She also gave me a referral to an OB which I then rang and it made things much more exciting for us. They've organised for me to have blood tests tomorrow to measure progesterone and HCG which should give an indication of how far along I am and I made my first appointment for 30th July which will also be my first scan. The lady I spoke with also told me they do scans at each appointment too so we’ll get to see the baby at each appointment and she also spoke to us about which hospital we’d birth at and told us to book in a tour……Our heads were spinning a bit and it made everything seem so much more real. Before my GP appointment I asked my partner which hospital we should birth at (we live close to 3 of the best private hospitals in Adelaide) and he told me I was getting too far ahead of myself, but apparently I wasn’t! Whilst today made things seems that bit more real again, we’re still quite cautious about it all. I have had a bit of cramping in the last 24 hours (which the GP said is perfectly fine if there’s no blood) and the whole late ovulation thing worries me a bit too. As much as I’m not looking forward to it, I think having some morning sickness might be a bit more reassuring.

I have my fingers crossed for you both too. Hopefully you both get a BFP on you next cycles and you can then join me worrying overtime!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Daisy82 For This Useful Post:

tassiewife  (14-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Daisy it seems as if you had an amazing day today! Minus the dr app and how uneventful it was but then to have the OB order BT and with an app made in about 2 weeks means that hopefully in 2 weeks you can let yourself and your partner get exciting!
    I had to re read your posts as I couldn't remember if you had BTs done to see if you O or not... but couldn't find it.. sorry I can't remember But it appears as if you did O late!!

My weekend away was good and allowed my to clear my head a bit, not as much as I would have liked but still ! Started taking the Provera on Friday so one more day of it then I await the AF. Been feeling blah today, with some cramps etc so I am assuming that AF is building up!! Yah fun times!!!!
    Fingers crossed the increased in clomid helps!!! Will take the two tablets to equal 100mg, thanks for the help there DaniSam.

DaniSam I see you start taking your Provera tomorrow, how are you feeling about it all? Your on 100mg of clomid now yeh??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Daisy yesterday sounded like it was so exciting. I Spose to have someone say we are going to to this we are going to do that etc. makes it so much more real. Especially when she has given you a due date (even though it may be a little wrong).

Glad you had a great weekend tassiewife. Do your friends know that your ttc? I often wonder wether I should mention it to my close friends but then i don't know. It would be great to ring them and say hey this us what's happening. But then I often think that maybe I don't want all the questions.

I thought the last time I took provera I had to take it for 10 days. How long are you taking yours for tassiewife? Well my FS rang me yesterday to make sure AF still hadn't arrived and then she was going to post letrozole out to me (similar to clomid). So I should receive that today and then hopefully fill script this afternoon and start provera tomorrow. I do have to take a preg test before I start so that will prob break my heart a little. But then daisy is a huge example of what to stay hopeful for so I think I have increased to 10mg letrozole. I don't know how it compares to 100mg clomid. I would assume very similar just different if that make sense lol.
    Aoart from that I'm keeping in a positive mind set. I'm really hoping that I ovulate this time and then I know what dosage to use to ovulate and go from there.

Sitting by a nice warm fire at the moment. That's enough to make anyone happy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tassiewife, I’m glad you had a good time on the weekend I had blood tests on CD21 and was told I didn’t O, so to go back on CD28 for more tests, but then my GYN rang me a day later and told me not to worry about the CD28 test and that she’d send me a script for Provera, but said to do a Pregnancy Test before taking it, even though it was highly unlikely it would be positive…..but we were all wrong!

Danisam, I was told to take Provera for 10 days too. Also, none of our friends or family know we’ve been TTC so I think it will be a bit of a surprise. I think most are assuming we’d get married first, but we’ve chosen to do it the other way around!

Keep positive girls, cos it can happen when you least expect it to!

I’m sitting at work, hardly doing a thing cos I’m waiting for my blood test results…..I have no patience! I’m so worried they’ll come back with bad results. I still have no symptoms that stand out. I kind of feel a bit like AF is coming, so a little tired, a bit more hungry, cramping, slightly sore boobs, a little emotional…..so if I didn’t know any better I’d assume AF was coming.

I hope you girls don’t mind if I stick around a bit longer? I’m super keen to see how you girls go on your journeys too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    That is such a great story Daisy and definately one to tell your kids. Love those stories

it will be such a fantastic surprise for your family. Will it be a first grandchild?

Oh Daisy if it was me I would be looking up baby cots, prams etc lol.

How did your blood tests come back have you heard? One if my friends said they didn't have any symptoms at all up until 8 weeks or so. So hang in there.

No I would love for you to hang around, your positive words are great inspiration xx

12. The Following User Says Thank You to DaniSam For This Useful Post:

Daisy82  (15-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Naw...thanks Danisam

This will be the first grandchild on my side (first baby since me!) but 8th grandchild on my partner's side....he's the youngest of 4!

My results came back, Progesterone was 80.9 which was really good but HCG is only 105 which apparently is quite low. So I'm more than likely 4 weeks (like I had thought) but apparently it's still low for 4 weeks. I'm having the tests done again on Thursday because apparently even though they're low, the main thing is that they increase and preferably double by Thursday. So we'll wait and see how we go.

No matter what stage you're at on this journey, you're always waiting for something!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi DaniSam,
    This time and last time I only took it for 5 days and last time got my AF and just finished my 5 days this tieme so thinking I will get my AF soon. NOt sure why you have to take it for 10 days.
    I do know that when she put m on it she had jst done an US and noticed that I was ready for a period. Could be nothing, but maybe only 5 days was coz it was all ready to go... I have no idea if that makes any sense at all ! haha
    Looks like we are on the same dosage DaniSam, and I am with you, really hope this is it for us both. Even if we dont get BFN, just to know that we have ovulated is something !!!