+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 47 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hopefully you get your results tomorrow to put your mind at ease @tassiewife

I'm on the countdown - 2 sleeps to go

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DaniSam For This Useful Post:

tassiewife  (14-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    YAH to only 2 more sleeps!
    Have you thought of any possible questions you might want to ask? what I don't know, but if so, I always write them down so that I don't forget to ask.. haha. Not saying you need to have any, but in case you have a few running through your mind!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @tassiewife did you get your results today???

Only 1 more sleep - woo! I'm very excited.
    And no I don't really have any questions. I'm thinking it will be more listening. But I'm sure questions will come to me

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't call today@DaniSam as I didn't see the point. Sometimes the reception person is a bit rude and figured she would tell me to wait till tomorrow! So will call first thing in the morning. Although nervous as my FS is nice don't get me wrong but can be quite blunt ! So talking over the phone could be hard but more so as I don't know if illbe able to ask the questions I want to ask!!! Haha. I think if I'm not pregnant by the end of the month I'm going to suss out a different FS! I don't like all this waiting for a simple answer ! Haha

Good luck for tomorrow- safe drive and can't wait to hear about your appointment if your up for sharing!!! Xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Whoops, meant not pregnant at the end of the year- not month!!!! Haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @tassiewifehow did your results go? Did they come back today? Hope it was good news.
    Well..... Where do I start. My FS has kept me on the letrozole and added Metformin into the mix. He said hopefully the Metformin (which I start taking tomorrow) will kick my period into gear- if not i am to call in 2 weeks for provera. So I am to take Metformin daily which my FS says am make me nauseous and also give me diahrrear (can't spell it). Oh great to that combination.not. And then I am to continue to take the Metformin until I hopefully get preg.
    He did say that he isn't sure wether it will work though. But he said it is worth a try. My FS isn't to keen on putting my on injections as he thinks the injections will over stimulate and will make me release too many eggs and then the would have to cancel etc.

the FS said he can't tell me what to do - all he can do is lay out all of our options but he said that he doesn't think the Metformin and letrozole combination will work for me. But he said if I want to continue then he will support me on that. He believes DH and I should be looking at the I've path :/ so he said he would leave the ball in my court and if I ring him saying lets do what we have to do to get a baby then he will commence ivf. Have just phoned my probate health provider and yay I have taken ivf cover (thank god) so our out of pocket expense hopefully is not to much. So I will call the FS tomorrow and ask what he thinks he fees may be (so we know).

Im excited but at the same time it's daunting as we don't know what will happen.
    sorry for the big long post. Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    And tassiewife sorry to hear that your FS receptionist can be rude. I hate people like that. But it shouldn't stop you phoning for your results. You are entitled to know what the results say....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @DaniSam
    Whoa- your appointment sounded like it was a little intense but also quite mind opening!
    I am on Metformin and have been since I first saw my FS- Do you have to introduce it slowly? I take 3 tablets a day, morning, noon an night. If it is the same thing they give it to people who either have diabetes or PCOS annkd is meant to help with weight loss, suppresses the appitite- I find it works every now and then, but when I eat thanks to my mood then I have no hope!
    Whoa- IVF was mentioned- already? So can I ask why he put you on those things if he thinks it wont work??

So what are you and your DH thinking? Glad to hear your covered though as yeh that can be pricey! haha.I have nothing like that so I would be screwed!!!

How are you feeling over all about everything?? I am sending you big hugs!!

So, I rang my FS this morning and she was in theatre all morning, so left a message and guess what... no return call! I will be calling again tomorow and pushing for the result as if I didn't O then I may need another BT thursday so would need to get a form for that tomorrow.. So not happy!!!!!! Like I know I am not the most important person she is seeing, but to feel like you don't even have their support to some degree is frustrating!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg if I was you I would be losing my sh!t with the fert centre. That is terrible that there was no return call. Very disappointing on their behalf. Definately push for the referral tomorrow or better still hope they give you the results.

Appointment was very eye opening indeed.
    No don't have to introduce slowly - I start talking tomorrow 3 times a day with food. Yay for helping with weight loss - gee I hope it does. A few kg loss would be great

yes definately ask away. So my FS said it is a decision that we have to make and he is there to advise us of our options. He said we could stay doing what were doing for the next few years (meds, blood tests etc) and hope something happens or if we want a baby now he said go IVF. He said we have age on our side but its a decision that we have to make and he will support us. So that was good.

When I told DH this arvo and asked him how soon we wanted a baby he said keys go IVF straight away. But I'm thinking ill give it til December on these meds and if no ovulation come Chrissy then we will go IVF next year.

Im not feeling to bad. Was good to have a chat to FS and sort out everything. Was so hard sitting in the clinic though. One couple before me came out as I was in waiting room. Think they are going IVF. Then another couple walked out with a child and a baby bump. Thought I was going to burst into tears. But kept it together. Thankyou for the hugs. Means a lot. Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Be careful with the tablets if they are the same (I think they are) as they can be harsh when in the process of your body getting used to them. And when I got the script filled the guy informed me that you can possibly get faint and shakey, like your having a low moment if you had diabetes. So I carried around jelly beans upon his advice just incase and a few times I felt a bit blah so had a few! Let me know how you go with them!!! Oh and make sure you eat straight after or you will feel very sick. I woke up one night and nearly threw up because I had t eaten when I took one. Haha

Your FS doesn't beat around the bush does he! Haha. I like him!!! As much as IVF can be scary it is also has a lot of success. But I also think that it wouldn't hurt giving it a couple of months and with Xmas I think that is a great cut off!

I give you a lot of Grace and credit ! Thinking about it all clearly and putting things into perspective and not just rushing into it all. Very mature and smart decision so give yourself credit !!!!