+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Hi ladies, I wanted to add that I am another Clomid success story. Like all of you I also suspected PCOS for years but took a while to get diagnosed. I was successful on my first round of Clomid and now have a beautiful 18 month old DD.

My cousin had previously been through the same thing and tried many cycles of Clomid before she got her BFP, she gave me the advice that sometimes on Clomid you O later than expected so she advised me to keep trying throughout the cycle even after the dates the Dr advised, we did this and I did O a few days later then expected and I was lucky we had kept DTD throughout the cycle so we luckily got our BFP.

Best of luck, I really hope you get your BFP soon

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mama Mirabelle For This Useful Post:

Daisy82  (26-06-2014),DaniSam  (11-06-2014),tassiewife  (11-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am day 19 of my 3rd cycle on clomid. I had no ovulation on 50mg and 100mg of clomid.
    I had 150mg clomid this month but not feeling positive at all. I haven't had any ovulation symptoms and losing hope fast. I thought 150mg is a huge dose considering I weigh 52kg.
    Has anyone else not ovulated on clomid. I feel like giving up the hot flushes, chronic headaches and blurred vision is hard to put up with when ur not getting any results. My progesterone peak was only 2 last month. I just want a chance to conceive

Me: 27 DH: 27
    Ttc since August '13. Diagnosed PCOS February '14
    Progesterone <1, not ovulating now taking Clomid

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sally girl For This Useful Post:

tassiewife  (11-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Miniroo,

that is something I definitely needed to read. Definitely gives me hope

i think I will go for blood test tomorrow morning so I should have results by the end of the week so will definitely key you know

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have heard a lot of people can be successful on their first round of clomid- so i will stay positive! AF just finished so will start checking for O in the next couple of days and start having some special time with my DH! haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sallygirl,
    Thank you for your input. I think it is important for people like DaniSam and I to see the positive outcomes and also the realistic outcomes as not everybody has the same success. I am very nervous about O and whether it will happen or not, so am eager for D21 when I have my BT.
    You are taking a high dose of Clomid, but maybe that is what your body needs !! Fingers crssed for O or you this month

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sally girl,

I dont know a great deal about Clomid, but I would assume 150mg is a higher dose and fingers crossed something happens for you. Try to remain positive as I am a huge believer that a positive mindset will hopefully bring positive news. Easier to say than do I know. It is so disappointing when you see the negative but we are all here to talk about it together
    Oh gosh those symptons sound terrible. I am on Letrozole and I don't believe I have had any side effects. But I have read that Clomid has a lot of different effects on people. I don't know much about progesteron - but what should a reading be for someone who has ovulated?

Good luck tassiewife - hope it all works for you. I have my fingers crossed.

I went down this morning for my D21 blood test. Should be able to phone for the results on Friday. I did not see any signs of ovulation however I am hoping I did and just didnt have visible signs. Fingers crossed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry didn't mean to dampen the mood, wasn't my intention. I have read a lot of success stories on here and I guess I had got my hopes up. I understand the need to be positive however sometimes after not hearing any positive news it's hard.
    I like the bub hub to hear people's success, however no one would be in these groups if our stories were all fairy tales and fell pregnant first time. Sometimes it's nice to not feel like your going through this pain alone.
    I truly Wish you girls all the best with the clomid, and hope u get ur 2 pink lines soon
    I had my day 21 blood test today so I should have an answer tomorrow. Eeeeek

This is what the day 21 blood test is looking at hope this helps
    1. Progesterone > 30nmol/l – ovulation has occurred and the corpus luteum is producing sufficient progesterone to induce adequate secretory changes in the endometrium to assist implantation.
    2. Progesterone 3-30 nmol/l – ovulation has occurred > 10 days ago or < 5 days ago, or if ovulation did occurr 5-10 days ago, the level is probably not adequate to sustain endometrial growth for satisfactory implantation.
    3. Progesterone >120 nmol/l – two or more follicles have been recruited
    4. Progesterone < 3nmol/l – no ovulation in previous 14 days.

Me: 27 DH: 27
    Ttc since August '13. Diagnosed PCOS February '14
    not ovulating now taking Clomid
    No ovulation on 50mg and 100mg, now trying 150mg
    Last edited by Sally girl; 12-06-2014 at 17:53.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sally girl For This Useful Post:

DaniSam  (12-06-2014),tassiewife  (12-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Sally girl that's very helpful.

Sorry hope I didn't sound like I was sounding like I was having a go at you. Your definitely bit dampening the mood. It is do good to have other people to talk to.

I should get my results tomorrow too - woo so hopefully great news coming both out way

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi SallyGirl,

We need to hear realistic stories so I am glad you shared. I makes it harder when you have been on the train for so long and not finding anything that is helping- so with DaniSam and I just starting out we need to hear the negatives along with the positives.

DaniSam- let me know how you go tomorrow as I am very intrigued! I am currently waiting for signs of O and can go from there. My DH re-read the docs info today to make sure we were on the right track- thought it was cute! Everything just takes so long! haha

I have seen people talk about when they DTD with their men and it made me think- are you meant to do it like every day you think you're Ovulating, or every second, or what? Like is it bad if you DTD a heap? hahaha Sorry maybe TMI!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I Rang up today to get my results and they were back yet. So looks like I will have to wait til Monday. Oh well maybe some good news for Monday.
    Very cute that your hubby re-read the docs. It's great when they share the interest and we can openly talk to them about it.

When I went to my FS he told me to DTD daily from days 11 to 15. He said the only time not to Dtd daily is if there is a low sorry count. So this next cycle I think we will try every 2-3rd day leading up to O and then every day from 11-15. Hopefully. Easier said than done. I think I may need to get some sperm friendly lube. Also tmi lol.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to DaniSam For This Useful Post:

tassiewife  (14-06-2014)