+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Has this happened to anyone?

Hey just wanting some advice. Has anyone ever been pregnant but got negatives on HPT's? I am 9 days late now and have had symptoms all week but everytime I take a test it's negative. Going mad!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    How did you work out your ovulation date?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yep. Happened with a couple of my pregnancies. With one of them I was still getting negatives on hpt's even after a blood test confirmed I was 4-6 weeks pregnant. Id go have a blood test done

me + he = dd1 (July 2007), dd2 (July 2010), dd3 (August 2012), dd4 (May 2014) + sil (1997)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SheWarrior For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (01-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazza78 View Post
    How did you work out your ovulation date?
    I don't exactly know as I wasn't tracking. I did have ovulation-like pains on CD17. So even if that was a bit later I am still 5 days late.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lil miss View Post
    Yep. Happened with a couple of my pregnancies. With one of them I was still getting negatives on hpt's even after a blood test confirmed I was 4-6 weeks pregnant. Id go have a blood test done

me + he = dd1 (July 2007), dd2 (July 2010), dd3 (August 2012), dd4 (May 2014) + sil (1997)
    Wow that's crazy. I just want to know! Will go to docs tomorrow! Hopefully they give me a blood test though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep! I have 2 kids and have never seen a positive hpt. First one I'd done about 3 as period was late. All negative so went off on my snowboard holiday to Japan, eating sushi, drinking sake (as you do). Negative test there too. (I'd tried 4 different brands in total)
    Came home and went to drs. Negative test there but took bloods and called with positive the next day. Had a dating scan and was 9 weeks.
    2nd - same thing. Late period but negative tests. Dating scan showed 6 weeks.
    No idea why. My sis shows a strong positive really early with hers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmumm View Post
    Yep! I have 2 kids and have never seen a positive hpt. First one I'd done about 3 as period was late. All negative so went off on my snowboard holiday to Japan, eating sushi, drinking sake (as you do). Negative test there too. (I'd tried 4 different brands in total)
    Came home and went to drs. Negative test there but took bloods and called with positive the next day. Had a dating scan and was 9 weeks.
    2nd - same thing. Late period but negative tests. Dating scan showed 6 weeks.
    No idea why. My sis shows a strong positive really early with hers.
    Wow that's unreal. I wonder why that happens!! Did the doctors try a test too before a blood test? Fingers crossed I am

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yeah they did a urine test then blood test. I'd been on the pill for over 10 years so assumed it was just regulating but nope. Not knowing is frustrating isn't it. Fingers crossed x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmumm View Post
    Yeah they did a urine test then blood test. I'd been on the pill for over 10 years so assumed it was just regulating but nope. Not knowing is frustrating isn't it. Fingers crossed x
    Thanks
    I had been on the pill for 7 years until stopping it in February and my last two cycles had been exactly 28 days! It's now CD37 and no sign of it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Went to doctor today, he done a urine test and it come back negative. Said if AF still hasn't arrived in a week to come back and see him and it's normal for women to miss a period. Mine are usually exactly 28-30 days. So worried and confused!