+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    One person with a drug problem is one too many
    I agree that it should be free for everyone.
    For sure. Just seems silly to target a group that where this problem is far less prevalent and drug test them.

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    @Atropos totally off topic but your 'drag addicts' typo gave me the giggles :-)

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (03-06-2014),beebs  (03-06-2014),VicPark  (03-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    Blardy autocorrect!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    Totally just about to say the same thing!!!! I pictured a bunch of people parading around in drag with their best makeup and handbags at 20 paces

Noice name change too btw @harvs

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chippa For This Useful Post:

beebs  (03-06-2014),harvs  (03-06-2014),TheGooch  (03-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippa View Post
    Totally just about to say the same thing!!!! I pictured a bunch of people parading around in drag with their best makeup and handbags at 20 paces

Noice name change too btw @harvs
    Drag addiction is surely not a problem? Can't have too much drag!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

Chippa  (03-06-2014)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    I think drag testing dole recipients would be just as productive as drug testing them, to be honest...

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

beebs  (03-06-2014),MilkingMaid  (04-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerKat View Post
    I am actually in total shock, and embarrassingly (probably pregnancy hormones) I'm actually crying. You ladies have made me feel so awful, and singles out, for one seemingly insignificant (perhaps poorly worded) comment of "my tax dollars" which I have explained and explained and explained (which no one bothered to even acknowledge) and yet now I'm being accused of being passive aggressive and told the manner in which I word things is bad. Well my sincerest apologies ladies, I'm really regretting bothering to participate. I can see why people feel isolated and victimised on bubhub, I was so excited when I joined a few months ago as I had read so many posts by intelligent supportive women and thought this is something I want to be apart of. And yet somehow I'm sitting here, feeling awful about myself, and crying about people I don't even know! So thanks for that, I'm out, I'll delete my account I think I obviously don't have the stomach to take these forums.
    Don't go gingerkat... I see where you are coming from with the tax dollars thing. We are in the minority though.... I still think it's a $hit of a policy though...

There will be other threads that plenty of people agree with you on... Just give it a crack..

How is your pregnancy going?

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

babyla  (03-06-2014),beebs  (04-06-2014),GingerKat  (04-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Drug testing dole recipients

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    I mean no disrespect to sahm but gingerkat? was complaining about her tax dollars but is apparently sahm?
    I'm a sahm and paid tax last financial year on my maternity pay and PPL and will again pay it next financial year because I will get mat leave again from my job starting in September so you just never know who's paying tax and what not.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to KellyMac For This Useful Post:

GingerKat  (04-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KellyMac View Post
    I'm a sahm and paid tax last financial year on my maternity pay and PPL and will again pay it next financial year because I will get mat leave again from my job starting in September so you just never know who's paying tax and what not.
    Tax free threshold is $18200.
    Assuming you don't earn anything else if you take into consideration average female Australian wage according to abs of $1270.30 and average paid maternity leave of 7 weeks ( which I found out only 40% of employers provide any paid leave) plus 18 weeks @ minimum wage, give or take a tax deduction here and there you will find you'll be under the threshold to pay tax

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ending 5/6/15100 Posts in a week
    I think the money this program is wasting would be better spent on information for the public.

I find it sickening how many people smoke weed because it is harmless or go out on the town and get so drunk that they fall over. There are so many people who will pop a pill at a concert for the thrill or have some ice at the start of a long weekend.

We have a huge issue in our culture that says doing drugs is ok.....as long as it is not every day.....smoking weed is harmless.....I need to drink to relax and have fun.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Maxwell's Silver Hammer For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (04-06-2014)