+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    Okay, for those who believe it is a good thing to do drug tests for Newstart, do you also think it should be done for FTA/B, SSP, the pension etc? Why/why not?
    Yes, for the same reason that I would like it for newstart. I think it would be great if more people could receive the help they need for drug use.

I imagine it probably wouldn't work that way though, but I suppose we can all have wishful thoughts.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

beebs  (03-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Bottom line for me is if the govt is truly serious about fixing drug use, they need to spend more, not less on more rehab places, more counsellors, more duel diagnosis services (bc mental health issues and addiction are often seen hand in hand). This suggestion they have floated is just a thinly veiled attempt to save money and has zero to do with fixing our drug problem

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (03-06-2014),beebs  (03-06-2014),Dreamer1  (03-06-2014),KaraB  (03-06-2014),TheGooch  (03-06-2014)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week

Default Drug testing dole recipients

Changed my mind
    Last edited by harvs; 03-06-2014 at 15:50.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    Yes, for the same reason that I would like it for newstart. I think it would be great if more people could receive the help they need for drug use.

I imagine it probably wouldn't work that way though, but I suppose we can all have wishful thoughts.
    This.

Thanks
    Reviews

The way I read it, these measures do not intend to provide help to anyone, but rather deprive them of their source of income.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sydney1980 View Post
    The way I read it, these measures do not intend to provide help to anyone, but rather deprive them of their source of income.
    I know, like I said 'wishful thinking'

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    If they really wanted to help, they would offer rehab to every person who has an addiction or alcoholism who are currently on disability because of their addiction. The government *knows* that these people have addictions -they qualify for disability because of it. But there have never been any measures like that even looked at.

I would not be opposed to mandatory rehab to get disability for addiction, I think it is an area that needs a lot of work.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (03-06-2014),Atropos  (03-06-2014),ChickyBee  (03-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews

I think that would be great- if there was a massive problem with welfare recipients being drag addicts. The thing is, though, that studies have shown that the percentage of welfare recipients who are drug users are actually far below the general population averages. Meaning there are many more people with drug problems who aren't claiming benefits. A better idea would be more widely available, accessible and free drug rehab for anyone who needed it. Jmo.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

beebs  (03-06-2014)

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerKat View Post
    I am actually in total shock, and embarrassingly (probably pregnancy hormones) I'm actually crying. You ladies have made me feel so awful, and singles out, for one seemingly insignificant (perhaps poorly worded) comment of "my tax dollars" which I have explained and explained and explained (which no one bothered to even acknowledge) and yet now I'm being accused of being passive aggressive and told the manner in which I word things is bad. Well my sincerest apologies ladies, I'm really regretting bothering to participate. I can see why people feel isolated and victimised on bubhub, I was so excited when I joined a few months ago as I had read so many posts by intelligent supportive women and thought this is something I want to be apart of. And yet somehow I'm sitting here, feeling awful about myself, and crying about people I don't even know! So thanks for that, I'm out, I'll delete my account I think I obviously don't have the stomach to take these forums.
    I'm so sorry you're having a hard time. I don't agree with your opinion on this thread but I was interested in reading yours and the other different opinions. I have a tendency to be pretty stubborn and pig headed and don't always consider others points of view. That's why I love threads like this. I consider it a challenge to myself to stop and decipher what's being said before I reply - I don't find it easy!
    I hate to think that anyone has been so negatively affected by a thread - here or anywhere else.
    Maybe if you're feeling pretty crappy in the forums, take a step back for a while, chat to some friends on here, stick to a positive group without contentious subject matter, or reach out to someone with a message and intro.
    I really hope you're ok and send only good thoughts your way.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

GingerKat  (03-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    I think that would be great- if there was a massive problem with welfare recipients being drag addicts. The thing is, though, that studies have shown that the percentage of welfare recipients who are drug users are actually far below the general population averages. Meaning there are many more people with drug problems who aren't claiming benefits. A better idea would be more widely available, accessible and free drug rehab for anyone who needed it. Jmo.
    One person with a drug problem is one too many
    I agree that it should be free for everyone.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

beebs  (03-06-2014)