+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsharvey View Post
    You know these types of passive aggressive posts are getting really frustrating. These types of threads are often robust and passionate with people with different life experience and viewpoints making contributions.

Reading along and making comments every now and then about how you never comment because someone didn't agree with you is *not* not commenting. It's actually coming across as quite snarky.

There are two ways that these threads can be approached:

1. I stick by my opinion and I don't care what anyone else thinks (which is fine)

2. I stick by my opinion but am willing to learn from and engage with others with differing opinions (also fine)

But with either option people will genuinely be interested in what your viewpoints are, how you come to have them, what information you have to back your claims. That's kind of the purpose of these kinds of threads. In general, where people disagree or react to something that's been said, they try to explain where they are coming from.

If that's not your bag, and for many people it isn't, then I would suggest avoiding these types of discussions.
    Completely agree.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerKat View Post
    I think you've got the right idea, sometimes offering up a different opinion just isn't worth the hassle!

Exactly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I won't say anything but just know that I completely disagree with whatever the majority said and that I won't share my views with you. But I won't say anything.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ExcuseMyFrench For This Useful Post:

beebs  (03-06-2014),delirium  (03-06-2014),NancyBlackett  (03-06-2014),TheGooch  (03-06-2014),Wild_flower  (03-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Why bother posting to say you're not going to post your opinion?

I actually like hearing differing opinions. It's a chance to discuss things and learn.

For people that have so much issue with the possibility of someone questioning your opinion, would you rather every thread just have a poll where you can select whether you agree with the OP? Because that would be boring.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

beebs  (03-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Havnt read all replies.. I say yes drug test people first. If they are on drugs they should be sent in the direction of free help to clean themselves up.

I get random drug and alc testing at work all the time.. dont get offended by that at all its just part of it. If we get caught out we get sacked. No money. Should be same with the dole.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kim85 View Post
    Havnt read all replies.. I say yes drug test people first. If they are on drugs they should be sent in the direction of free help to clean themselves up.

I get random drug and alc testing at work all the time.. dont get offended by that at all its just part of it. If we get caught out we get sacked. No money. Should be same with the dole.

This.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Okay, for those who believe it is a good thing to do drug tests for Newstart, do you also think it should be done for FTA/B, SSP, the pension etc? Why/why not?

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

babyla  (03-06-2014),GingerKat  (03-06-2014),Lottiemum  (03-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am actually in total shock, and embarrassingly (probably pregnancy hormones) I'm actually crying. You ladies have made me feel so awful, and singles out, for one seemingly insignificant (perhaps poorly worded) comment of "my tax dollars" which I have explained and explained and explained (which no one bothered to even acknowledge) and yet now I'm being accused of being passive aggressive and told the manner in which I word things is bad. Well my sincerest apologies ladies, I'm really regretting bothering to participate. I can see why people feel isolated and victimised on bubhub, I was so excited when I joined a few months ago as I had read so many posts by intelligent supportive women and thought this is something I want to be apart of. And yet somehow I'm sitting here, feeling awful about myself, and crying about people I don't even know! So thanks for that, I'm out, I'll delete my account I think I obviously don't have the stomach to take these forums.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am actually in total shock, and embarrassingly (probably pregnancy hormones) I'm actually crying. You ladies have made me feel so awful, and singles out, for one seemingly insignificant (perhaps poorly worded) comment of "my tax dollars" which I have explained and explained and explained (which no one bothered to even acknowledge) and yet now I'm being accused of being passive aggressive and told the manner in which I word things is bad. Well my sincerest apologies ladies, I'm really regretting bothering to participate. I can see why people feel isolated and victimised on bubhub, I was so excited when I joined a few months ago as I had read so many posts by intelligent supportive women and thought this is something I want to be apart of. And yet somehow I'm sitting here, feeling awful about myself, and crying about people I don't even know! So thanks for that, I'm out, I'll delete my account I think I obviously don't have the stomach to take these forums.

Don't I will PM you. xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Gingerkat - I am sorry that you are upset by the comments, but you have posted comment after comment telling people not to bother offering a different opinion. Can you not see that you have done that? Why were you doing it? What were you hoping to gain from it? I don't get it.

I am genuinely interested in your and others opinions, which is why I asked the above question.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (03-06-2014),CMF  (03-06-2014)