+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Elle92 View Post
    Are people not reading the article that was posted !?

The government would only look into you if you got a opportunity to start a job & the job required a drug test before you commenced work then if you refused or failed the drug test the government would say well you just missed out on a job because you either failed the test or refused to take it so they would then give you 30 days with their help to get clean and redo a test then if you failed you would receive a cut to your payment until your next drug test .

They are not going to just drug test everyone !!! For example if your employment agency got you a job on the mines you would need a drug test . But if you got a job at Coles you wouldn't need one !!!
    no sorry Hun, I didn't read the article, I was responding to what I've seen else where, I saw the discussion topic and feeling so passionately about it, I just went ahead responding with my thought. Will read this article see what it says.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Elle92 View Post
    Are people not reading the article that was posted !?

The government would only look into you if you got a opportunity to start a job & the job required a drug test before you commenced work then if you refused or failed the drug test the government would say well you just missed out on a job because you either failed the test or refused to take it so they would then give you 30 days with their help to get clean and redo a test then if you failed you would receive a cut to your payment until your next drug test .

They are not going to just drug test everyone !!! For example if your employment agency got you a job on the mines you would need a drug test . But if you got a job at Coles you wouldn't need one !!!

So I went and looked at the article, I'm not quite sure how you've leaped from: they are looking into the nz model, and this is what nz do, to: this IS what is going to happen. It's a pretty vague article, it says nothing at all really, gives no idea of their plans, just a mention of overhaul and cutting back. Ill stand by my view still.

I saw a post else where about Florida trying this, and it cost the gov. Something like $178 million to implement the testing, from memory over a 12 month period. 98% were clear, and 2% failed. In that year the tax payer saved 60,000, but spent 178 mil to save it. We pay for it no matter what. We are lucky to have a welfare system, look at countries that don't have it. Maybe if they weren't spending billions of dollars on cold seam mining that would save a penny! And the earth possibly?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dreamer1 For This Useful Post:

beebs  (02-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1401689002.091075.jpg Saw this randomly on my newsfeed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't read any responses but I say yes!!! I know ppl who proudly fraud the system and enjoy being "drug bludgers"....no care for a real life.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ozeymumof5 View Post
    I haven't read any responses but I say yes!!! I know ppl who proudly fraud the system and enjoy being "drug bludgers"....no care for a real life.
    If they're frauding the system, report them. Unless of course, by frauding, you mean by their drug use which isn't fraud.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

beebs  (02-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NancyBlackett View Post
    How do people afford drugs on Newstart?
    That's what I was going to say. I can't believe the inflation on the price of coke and crack these days...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Luna Lovegood For This Useful Post:

NancyBlackett  (02-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    If they're frauding the system, report them. Unless of course, by frauding, you mean by their drug use which isn't fraud.
    Meh, not my problem....but if the government wants to test drug use in those who do not work, then let them. I'm all for it. My brother claims he is anti-social and gets the pension at age 34...(he is anti-social because of his drug use!).
    Last edited by ozeymumof5; 02-06-2014 at 17:24.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ozeymumof5 For This Useful Post:

Wild_flower  (02-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    "those who do not work", what does that even mean - there are plenty, plenty of educated non drug addicts who are finding it very tough to get a job. Plenty. I live in a regional area, that also has a uni, jobs are very thin on the ground at the moment here.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Ellewood  (02-06-2014),peanutmonkey  (02-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ozeymumof5 View Post
    Meh, not my problem....but if the government wants to test drug use in those who do not work, then let them. I'm all for it. My brother claims he is anti-social and gets the pension at age 34...(he is anti-social because of his drug use!).
    It's every taxpayer's problem. That's why they get away with it - because people don't say anything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KellyMac View Post
    It's every taxpayer's problem. That's why they get away with it - because people don't say anything.
    \

Not as easy you think! I have tried.