+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsharvey View Post
    While I understand where you're coming from, and can see how you have interpreted the comments as devaluing SAHM, the bigger context on Bubhub is that it is a phrase often used in conjunction with the phrase 'people on the welfare' ie 'why should *my* tax dollars go towards paying for some lazy so-and-so to sit on their bums getting drunk and not contributing to society?'. As a lot of us on here access welfare in one form or another it's a bit of a sensitive phrase to use. I know that's not how you used it, but it is very, very common here.
    i see what you're saying, but I definitely didn't mean that, welfare is important and I certainly don't think people on welfare are all lazy or addicts (there are a minority of people like that I guess) and that's why I don't like the NZ scheme I think it would be punishing the majority to drug test (which is embarrassing and degrading) for a minority. So just to clarify, saying my tax dollars wasn't in relation to people receiving welfare, more that if the government is interested in saving wasted money on drugs then that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    It is correct that drugs is a waste of money for the country. It takes money into an illegal ******, so gets untaxed, it costs a lot of police and health services.

So it needs to be attended to.

Whether cutting welfare is the solution to this issue is the question here?
    If anyone believe that it would solve or partially solve the issue has never met someone addicted to drugs.

If this government was really interested in saving money it would look at tax invasion by big business. The lost revenue in that area is abysmal.

Apple for instance has paid less than 1% of taxes on their profit made in Australia. That's $8B of revenue lost. $8B.

Let's focus on the real tax/welfare abusers of this country.
    Last edited by ExcuseMyFrench; 02-06-2014 at 10:40.

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ExcuseMyFrench For This Useful Post:

beebs  (02-06-2014),ChickyBee  (02-06-2014),MilkingMaid  (02-06-2014),Stiflers Mom  (02-06-2014),Tildy  (02-06-2014)

Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutmonkey View Post
    And ive seen people with high paying jobs spending all their money on drugs and gambling while their child goes without food and warm clothes.

if we monitor one, we should monitor all and since thats not a realistic idea, then I dont agree with it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    And there is a lot of employers of people in high paying jobs that do drug test their employees and people who have lost their jobs due to the tests

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod-pegasus For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (02-06-2014),maternidade  (02-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't have an issue with it IF they are using it as a way to assist drug users to get the help they need.

The dole is barely enough for people to afford the basics so buying drugs would, most likely, mean they're giving up those basic necessities which can't be good.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    I don't have an issue with it IF they are using it as a way to assist drug users to get the help they need.

The dole is barely enough for people to afford the basics so buying drugs would, most likely, mean they're giving up those basic necessities which can't be good.
    Most drug addicts would be more interested in their next fix than a feed though. Otherwise they wouldn't be an addict. Very sad.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    I just heard on the radio news, they won't be going ahead with it.

Not because its unfair, but because they don't see enough cost savings in it - they're basically trying to definitely save money and this was floated as an idea, but rejected.

So watch this space, there will obviously be other ideas to cut it.

Which brings me to this question. What would you do to save money on welfare?

Whilst I agree there is no debt crisis, I do think there should be ways of helping long term unemployed people (without disabilities) have less reliance on welfare for all of their lives. But I have no idea what that is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Allie Pallie View Post
    I just heard on the radio news, they won't be going ahead with it.

Not because its unfair, but because they don't see enough cost savings in it - they're basically trying to definitely save money and this was floated as an idea, but rejected.

So watch this space, there will obviously be other ideas to cut it.

Which brings me to this question. What would you do to save money on welfare?

Whilst I agree there is no debt crisis, I do think there should be ways of helping long term unemployed people (without disabilities) have less reliance on welfare for all of their lives. But I have no idea what that is.
    I definately do not agree with people being allowed to stay on the dole for excessive periods of time either. Don't know what the solution is though.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnyflower For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (02-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Lili81 View Post
    It is correct that drugs is a waste of money for the country. It takes money into an illegal ******, so gets untaxed, it costs a lot of police and health services.

So it needs to be attended to.

Whether cutting welfare is the solution to this issue is the question here?
    If anyone believe that it would solve or partially solve the issue has never met someone addicted to drugs.

If this government was really interested in saving money it would look at tax invasion by big business. The lost revenue in that area is abysmal.

Apple for instance has paid less than 1% of taxes on their profit made in Australia. That's $8B of revenue lost. $8B.

Let's focus on the real tax/welfare abusers of this country.
    Yeah let's target business and then see the economy go down the crapper ..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    no @VicPark I'm sure you wouldn't be happy to know that I am only paying .05% of income tax on my $180k salary?

Same goes for businesses... Why would it be ok for a business generating $27B of revenue in Australia to not pay any tax?

It is tax evasion and we should fight it. Actually I'm very glad that the ATO thinks differently from you VP and are investigating such frauds

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ExcuseMyFrench For This Useful Post:

beebs  (02-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Allie Pallie View Post
    Three words :
    education, education, education.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ExcuseMyFrench For This Useful Post:

beebs  (02-06-2014),delirium  (02-06-2014),peanutmonkey  (02-06-2014),PomPoms  (02-06-2014)