+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default abdominal pain female- history or cysts but none present.. could it be something else

SORRY THIS IS LONG. AND MAYBE TMI.

Hi all,

just want some advice or to see if anyone else has had anything similiar.

at the end of 2011 i had a lot of problems with lower abdominal pain... after visiting the doc a few times and after some initial tests it was discovered that i had cysts inside my ovaries. they were monitored regularly and was put down to most lilkely being 'simple' cysts related to my cycle... when i fell pregnant with dd2 they dissapeared and i havent had any issues since. (dd2 was born in sept of 2012). at the start of this year the pains returned with a vegence! we started the testing process again and after a few weeks it was determined that there were 'no cysts present at the time of scan' but there was 'something' that could be seen. the sonographer put it down in her notes as 'possible early pregnancy detected' my gp did blood work etc and they all came back as negative. she booked me in for another scan but 2 days later AF arrived (first one since the birth of dd2, she was 18months old).

the pain subsided and settled down as it normally does and my gp didnt want to test again as she decided my pain was probably just 'period pain'.

a few months after this the pain has returned. it is a constant dull pain in my left side that gets worse whenever i walk, jump, move or sit.... i am not imagining the pain. i am not due for my AF (and am not convinced that that is what it is.)

last night the inside of my belly button started bleeding and has been weeping a little bit today... not sure if it is related at all or not but i just cant seem to shake the feeling that the gp has missed something and that something is going on...

has anyone else had anything like this at all?

is it worth going back to the gp or a different one? the testing process is so slow and nerve racking but i just want to know what is causing this!!! its not in my head!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You pretty much just wrote my story. I have undiagnosed bowel issues for 10+ yrs. But lately it's changed to a constant dull ache in my lower abdomen, like constant period pain 24/7 every day. I had ultrasound due to previous cysts, internal exam, abdominal ct and blood tests. They can't find any obvious explanation so I live with this pain that flares up to horrendous pain, like someone tugging on my insides whilst stabbing me with a knife. However my belly button hasn't done what you described so I would definitely go back and get that checked out.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ICanDream For This Useful Post:

candemum  (04-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Have you had a recent pap smear OP?
    Do you have lower back pain or IBS?

I would also recommend starting a cycle symptom diary to see if there is a definite pattern as it might at least tell you if it's related to your cycle. You could put down temps, cycle day, OPK's, ovulation day , CM, and what your pain score and other symptoms are each day.

I think trust your instinct and go to a different doctor

Thanks
    Reviews
    Had a pap test after my daughter was born not due for another until the end of the year. Results were clear. No lower back pain or ibm.

I can dream- that is exactly what I feel. Sometimes bad sometimes not... I will be

Belly button has cleared up. Was a scratch that got infected. Not related to the other pain at all... Have to monitor the pain and put down when its bad etc. It has seemed to have eased off for now....

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am on the pill to control symptoms as they aren't as severe when on it. Have just started spotting... Not due to get a period until next week. Do you think this could be related or just break through bleeding?