+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default On the go healthy breakfast recipes!

Hi ladies,

DH has just landed a great job but it's a fair distance from home. He wants to be able to eat breakfast in the car or when he arrives but we are usually a toast or cereal house. Besides fruit does anyone have any ideas for healthy home made bars/slices/muffins (anything really) that are healthy and easy to take? I've done a google search and I'm getting some not so healthy recipes!

TIA!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm a smoothie drinker for breakfast so if I'm heading out I just put it into a coffee cup. I use banana, frozen blueberries, chia seeds and milk.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    A good one for eating in the car is a egg wrap - he will just need ten mins to cook it before he goes - it's pretty much scrambled eggs, sautéed mushrooms, tomato and spinach then put it in a pita bread or mountain bread wrap and put it in a sandwich press for 3 mins so you end up with a breakfast kebab ( you could also add ham or bacon and sauce )

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (31-05-2014)

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    What about a quiche or similar? You can cook up a big one and store in the fridge

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have power muffins made with blueberries, banana, oats & buttermilk. Or you can make breakfast muffins, cut circles of bread and place in muffin pan, fill with egg, bacon, cheese, tomato, mushroom, whatever you like really and then bake