+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yeah the 'who cares' attitude would have annoyed me no end so I get where you are coming from. I also have a MIL who tells me how I should raise my baby and talks over the top of me if I ever try to explain why I make some of the choices I make. She has also whinged on a few occasions to my mother about my life decisions. I apparently was the one to blame for her son moving 20mins away from her and I make "weird" parenting choices, ohh and I have too many pets apparently. The fact that she tries to discuss these things with MY mother (possibly in the hopes that my mum will succeed in talking me around to her pov) really gets to me but she is so damn stubborn there really is no talking to her at all. I deal with her by using the old smile and nod trick for the day to day stuff and then when I say something she knows I mean it. Sometimes I slip and retort in a really happy cheerful voice like I am talking to my baby. I have found the bigger the smile you plaster on, the more people don't bother replying.

I would tell no one the gender except for your grandma if you can trust her to keep it a secret.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tildy View Post
    ohh and I have too many pets apparently.
    Hahaha i cop the same. Running a animal rescue group means i foster alot and own alot of animals. Ive been told by her that ill need to stop doing that now and cut my numbers down. Yeh, like bloody hell! My animals, resident AND foster, are my family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The 'who cares' attitude alone would be enough for me to not tell her anything more about the pregnancy and your baby. That right there is showing complete disrespect and disregard. She does sound very selfish.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jussi View Post
    i don't think it does... i love the surprise of finding out a new friend's baby. if you know the sex already, it's like 'oh, they've had their little boy/girl'. you gush over the name, but you already knew what they were having, so it's no surprise. If you don't know, it's like 'they've had a little boy! so exciting!'. and if you know the gender and the name, it's like 'oh, so Jake has been born now' and it doesn't feel like news at all.
    Yeah i see what you're saying. I guess DH and I are just different when it comes to something like this. I still feel its giving other people too much power regarding your special time. DH and i have learned quick smart if you don't want things repeated, don't tell anyone.