+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    The play group we go is pretty different to what everyone else has described.

They have all different stations set up with different activities and pretty much all parents are actively engaged with their child. There are times when the parents will have a chat if they want too aswell though, and the coordinators will play with them.

Morning tea is provided and the ladies that run it generally help the children while the parents stand around for socializing within themselves.

I'd say keep looking around as you might find something a little more like I described.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    There's a really good one at acacia ridge apparently . My friend goes on a Friday. She's a really hands on mum and would only go for the activities not for a break like I would. Pm me if you want details

3. The Following User Says Thank You to happygirl1982 For This Useful Post:

Lisha  (31-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I tried three playgroups before I found one that suited us. At the first two the parents ignored their kids totally, even nasty behaviour (including hitting my son with sticks, using a bike to deliberately run into him etc). Now I am at a playgroup where all the Mum's supervise and we are all happy to jump in and call out each other's kids if they are doing the wrong thing. We sit and chat and enjoy each other's company, but we don't ignore the children. I see playgroup as a chance for the kids to learn to interact with each other as well as have fun, IMO they need guidance with this at times.