+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nope, my DD slept 7pm-7am from 11 weeks old and never had sleep regression.

I do wonder if it's more a hunger thing - they have bigger appetites from around 4 months, hence why a lot of people start on solids that early.

Then again maybe my DD did wake in the night when she was 4 months but she just self settled back to sleep. She never needed a night feed after 11 weeks though. (She was bottle fed)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    There's also an 8 month regression which they say is worse, so you probably hit that as well!
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LiterallyNoOne For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (14-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by lemonpancakes View Post
    Nope, my DD slept 7pm-7am from 11 weeks old and never had sleep regression.

I do wonder if it's more a hunger thing - they have bigger appetites from around 4 months, hence why a lot of people start on solids that early.

Then again maybe my DD did wake in the night when she was 4 months but she just self settled back to sleep. She never needed a night feed after 11 weeks though. (She was bottle fed)
    My first 3 where like this. Only they slept through from 6-8 weeks old.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't get the 'four month' thing.. Neither of my two went through it. If they woke for a feed, they got one, right up until around 2yo. If they woke for anything really, I met that need and we went back to sleep.

We co slept and both were bottle fed by that age so I don't know if that chaged things? - but the expectation for a four month old baby to do something different that wake up multiple times a night is a pretty far fetched one. They're supposed to wake up - its an inbuilt survival mechanism.

We should focus more on parental acceptance than "fixing" something that's meant to happen.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mumat For This Useful Post:

DaenerysT  (15-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by mumat View Post
    I don't get the 'four month' thing.. Neither of my two went through it. If they woke for a feed, they got one, right up until around 2yo. If they woke for anything really, I met that need and we went back to sleep.

We co slept and both were bottle fed by that age so I don't know if that chaged things? - but the expectation for a four month old baby to do something different that wake up multiple times a night is a pretty far fetched one. They're supposed to wake up - its an inbuilt survival mechanism.

We should focus more on parental acceptance than "fixing" something that's meant to happen.
    Definitely. But the regression refers to the fact that it's a very well studied area that infants go through a major developmental phase around four months that causes most of them to wake MORE than what they were doing and when it's finished they typically go back to what they were doing before. So you still expect them to wake but during a regression they wake more. So for me DS wakes about 2-3 times over 12 hours to eat, last week it was like every 90 mins, not just to eat, just very restless.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD1 did not have any regressions. She slept through from 8 weeks and is still a fantastic sleeper at 3 1/2. DD1 did not self settle until 12 months.

DD2 made up for it and hit every regression. And at 13 months her sleep is still hit and miss. We have sleep through's often and then nights like tonight where i can hear her over the monitor cracking up laughing and squealing dadda - she's been doing it for an hour.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Question for those who say their babies never went thru a sleep regression - are your babies formula or breastfed?? Just wondering perhaps FF babies are less likely to go thru it cause their fuller bellies keep them deeper asleep?? Just a theory....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haven't had it for either of my sons my daughter is coming up to 15 weeks but corrected 7 so we will see

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS1 was a crap sleeper anyway so I probably didn't notice with him, but DS2 knows how to self settle. (He always been able to) but we have just gone through the 4 month regression (I have a thread going here too) and he couldn't self settle during this time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DS was formula fed and hit every sleep regression. The 18 month was the worst of the lot. It pulled the rug out from under me and went on for ages. At 2.5 I would say he sleeps through 4-5 out of 7 nights. I don't think sleep regressions depend on ff or bf just because they are developmental so they just happen with some kids regardless of what we do or don't do, I think that's the only thing that got me through them all, I couldn't change it or fix it so just ride it out. It will pass but it certainly does bite.