+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh, such precious stories. Love them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I remember changing my brother's dirty nappy on my parent's bed. It was all cloth back then and I distinctively remember the colour of the washer I used- an awful orangey-brown colour. The safety pins used on the nappy had little yellow ducks on them. I would have been somewhere between 2 & 3 at the time.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by HarvestMoon; 29-05-2014 at 21:28.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by felicia81 View Post

I also remember going outside and laying on the bonnet of our car to see Halley's Comet. Can't actually remember seeing the comet just being excited about staying up late and going outside to watch it, I'd turned 5 the month before.
    I remember that too! I think i was about 4, and i remember not knowing what i was meant to be excited about!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LlamaMa For This Useful Post:

felicia81  (29-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't know the age but guessing around 4 as it would have been before I started school. I remember my dad buying me chewing gum hubba bubba and me getting all excited waiting for my siblings to come home from school so I could share it with them. We were poor so this was quite a treat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    I would have been around 2 and remember my mum and dad were still together and she said not to touch the hot electric frying pan. I did. My mum and dad split when I was 2.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wish I could remember times before I turned two. My dad passed away when I was two and I can't remember anything about him. I envy my brothers who can often recall fun times spent with dad.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My earliest memories are from about 3!

Sadly they are not good memories at all.

I remember the delivery of our transportable house at age 3.
    But most memories aside from that are only ones of the sexual abuse that I experienced at the hands of my grandfather.

I have very limited good memories about my childhood. I think most memories have been blocked to protect myself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    One good memory I have though is of my "pop off" (my mums dad) and him smoking his pipe and having a beer. I remember him whispering to me telling me, "don't tell granny"!

I adored him!
    He died when I was 4 so it was before that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fortunately I am very lucky with my childhood memories, although we migrated here when I was 2 1/2 I have no memory
    however, I do remember my 3rd birthday party. We were living in migrant centres as we had no family here or money to have our own house (mum & dad saved to buy our own home) we had a small party in our flat with friends we met in the centre, I had a pink birthday cake with sprinkles around it. I remember standing on a chair to blow out my candles and being to scared so mum helped me. That birthday I remember receiving a little pink and white trike with that bucket at the back, I LOVED it.
    I also remember shopping with mum and sitting in the trolley seat and asking for lollies (Kids never change lol) and being told no. So I sneakily threw a bag a smarties in the trolley, somehow they were bought..... I remember mum unpacking the shopping and discovering my treat. I was given a small little cup (I remember a small child ceramic cup with handle) and was delighted with my accomplishment. Both happened in the migrant centre but which happened first I don't know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My earliest memory was when I was three. We were walking along the road , my mum and I and my sister in a pram. My mum was crying. I later asked her why and she said she had missed the only bus that day , she was going to visit her mum. I remember feeling sad.