+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Earliest is walking into the kitchen to see my mum and her telling me I was three today, it was my birthday

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh how precious. *-*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not sure what my exact first memory is. I have memories from kindy (3 turning 4). All good ones

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'm lucky I have wonderful memories - mainly family bbqs or christmas or fire cracker nights or Friday nights dad always took us out for dinner ( usually local Chinese or pizza) but my earliest memory is my my nan - she used to take me for walks down to the park "fairy" hunting from the age of about 3- we used to see if we could find fairies - I was always amazed how she always used to find them and I didn't, it finally clicked when I was about 7 when we would take my then 3 year old sister as well and I started to "pretend" to see them as well to the delight of my little sister

I now deliberately drive past that park about once a week and think of her and smile - I tried taking 3.5 DS down there a month or two ago but he didn't think it was that exciting!!!! I'll try again soon - He has a great bond with my mum so I'm hoping he will remember their special times together when he's older

Thanks
    Reviews
    I remember being two, and my mum putting one of thatthose fluffy nappy covers on me without a nappy. I remember going up the back of the garden and doing a poo in them.

I also remember being two and a half and living through the ash Wednesday bushfires.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I remember Xmas day 8 days before my 2nd bday. I remember the house we were in - which was my cousins short term rental while they built their new house - and dad was floored when I was talking to him about that memory as it was so clear to me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That is so precious @elijas mum How lucky you are to have such special memories. Your post reminded me of my pop who grew up very poor and worked from a young age on the bush telegraph and used to take me walking all around the farmland nearby showing me the wildlife. Such a wonderful, simple man, he was very interested in politics... He was so tough, and gentle.
    Last edited by Ellewood; 29-05-2014 at 20:12.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LlamaMa View Post
    I remember being two, and my mum putting one of thatthose fluffy nappy covers on me without a nappy. I remember going up the back of the garden and doing a poo in them.

I also remember being two and a half and living through the ash Wednesday bushfires.
    another poo memory.... Interesting, lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can remember being stung multiple times by paper wasps as I accidentally disturbed their nest, I was about 4, lucky I'm not allergic as I was stung close to 100 times.

I also remember going outside and laying on the bonnet of our car to see Halley's Comet. Can't actually remember seeing the comet just being excited about staying up late and going outside to watch it, I'd turned 5 the month before.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sitting on the toilet with my sister (lol) during the Newcastle earthquake in 1989. I was a little over two. I remember the house shaking!