+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default iPad 2 or iPad mini

I've seen iPad 2 and iPad mini for around the same price.
    My kids are always on my iphone so I thought I would buy them a joint present.
    I didn't want to buy cheap tablets and I really love apple.

So which one. iPad 2 or mini?
    Pros and cons

TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Mini all the way. Lighter, easier for little hands to hold. My kids have an iPad mini each and I bought fantastic covers which have saved them from being smashed many many times. I will PM you a link to the website I got the cover from (not sure if I'm allowed to link it here).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the reply

Thanks
    Reviews
    I reckon the mini as well. I love that I can fit it in my handbag and take it when we go out. I have a lifeproof cause on ours that I bought from the shop that I got the ipad it was expensive I think close to $100 for the case but it's water and shock proof and it's stopped the screen getting smashed and it makes the ipad a bit easier to hold onto too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have an iPad 2 but I'd love a mini because I think it would be even more portable (would fit in a special pocket in the nappy bag), would be useable for the night time feeds I'll be doing again shortly once bub 2 is born (the iPad 2 is too big to balance on the arm of my glider chair), and also it will mean DH can take the iPad 2 to work to play with (he's fifo and we often both want the iPad when he goes away)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have an iPad 2 & air which I found a bit too big and heavy for my girls so they all got iPads. Another option could be getting them each an iPod touch? You can pick them up reasonably cheap and both can have one?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Both of my kids have ipads. One is a 2 and one is a newer model. I think the bigger size is better for watching movies and playing game, but I guess a mini would work all the same? Do they have the same storage capacity?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got a couple of the iPod touch and they area but small and always lose them.

The iPad and mini are both 16gb which is fine.

I think a iPad good for movies and games but then mini is good as it's easier for kids. Hmm is hard

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by onelasttime View Post
    I got a couple of the iPod touch and they area but small and always lose them.

The iPad and mini are both 16gb which is fine.

I think a iPad good for movies and games but then mini is good as it's easier for kids. Hmm is hard
    That is a good point^. The kids ipod always dissapears where as the ipads are big enough to be found when misplaced.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    My hubby bought me a mini for my birthday last year and I think it's a perfect size. I wouldn't want any bigger personally - but I use it for work so I do a lot of business emails, etc on it. I guess if you were using it for games, movies etc then bigger would be better.