+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    I think (and I know I'm not here) it's just another "thing" that seems bigger in bizzarro online land.

Op, if you'd needed to bring your other child/children to a party, I think as long as you inform the host then it won't be a big deal. I've had kids come from the caravan park lob into some of my kids parties You really don't have to over think it!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (29-05-2014),just her chameleon  (29-05-2014),LoveLivesHere  (29-05-2014),peanutmonkey  (29-05-2014),smallpotatoes  (29-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The more the merrier, I say. I would expect a couple of siblings to tag along.

At what age do parents drop and run? I can't wait for that stage! I don't remember mum accompanying me to primary school parties.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lemonpancakes For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (29-05-2014)

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lemonpancakes View Post

At what age do parents drop and run? I can't wait for that stage! I don't remember mum accompanying me to primary school parties.
    Dd1 was 7 when we left her i could have stayed but didn't ( most parents didn't) but the party was at the girls home and just down the road from my mums

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    depends a lot on
    - where the party is
    - how well you know the other parents
    - how well you know the parents of the other children attending

From when Katie was about 5 there was a group of 3 or 4 of us who took turns attending ... so that all of us didnt stay all the time.

From about 7 we tend to just drop and leave with any old Mum (well, not really, but we do know each other a fair bit better, and kids are older and well able to look after themselves)

DD's party (8th) is tomorrow, and I am not expecting very many Mums to stick around

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quite young, in my experience. About 5? I think I saw a dramatic drop in parent numbers once the kids started school.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    My DS1 is 6 and just had his birthday and no parents did the drop and run yet he had a few on his 4th and 5th birthday do it. Granted his 6th party was at Rock climbing though.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I would not have a problem if people asked, but the last 2 years I've had the same family bring all 3 children when only one was invited as I don't know their other kids. Last year, they all just rocked up and this year I got a message saying her husband would be bringing all 3 so she could finish her uni assignment. I had an extra sibling turn up last year who wasn't invited and this year I had 3 people not even RSVP.

None of my friends have done drop and leave yet but my kids are only 6, 3 and 1.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh dear... I've taken dd2 to every party dd1 has ever been invited to... I didn't know it wasn't ok. Or is it only older siblings that you're all referring to?

It's not like dd2 joins in, she just clings to me or hangs around my legs...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by preggasaurus View Post
    Oh dear... I've taken dd2 to every party dd1 has ever been invited to... I didn't know it wasn't ok. Or is it only older siblings that you're all referring to?

It's not like dd2 joins in, she just clings to me or hangs around my legs...
    Younger siblings mainly, but only because they don't have the maturity to understand "you were not invited so there are not enough lolly bags/prizes/activities for you and you should hang over here with mum", without having a tanty.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I invite families. So automatically include parents and other siblings but just request I know how many kids coming to prepare lolly bags.

Our previous house was too small for parties so I just used to hire out the local church hall.

With dd2s bday party in a couple of weeks I'm expecting 15-20 kids plus my folks plus parents.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.