+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Ruby anniversary

The lovely parents have reached a pretty solid milestone - 40 years of marriage!!

Traditionally it's ruby but I have NO idea what gift to get then that would incorporate that... That both my mum and dad would like.

Any suggestions??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing. In laws reaching this milestone soon too.

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    hi, we are little way short of 40years. Personally I dont want anything with a ruby. If you have few siblings perhaps a shared gift for a show or dinner and a show.? Maybe put together a photo book of the 40 years. that might take some effort, but would be something I would like. Or a nice photo of the children and grandchildren. also don't be afraid to just ask what they might want. They might want a big party or just a family dinner nice and quite. Marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Marie - id love to take her out but she's not well at the moment
    Photos are a great idea, I guess the only good thing about her being in hospital is that I get to raid her photos in secret!!

Any other ideas for a ruby (40th) anniversary??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyMa View Post
    Hi Marie - id love to take her out but she's not well at the moment
    Photos are a great idea, I guess the only good thing about her being in hospital is that I get to raid her photos in secret!!

Any other ideas for a ruby (40th) anniversary??
    You can get photobooks with a nice leather or fabric cover. You could choose a ruby coloured cover
    Sorry to hear your mum's not well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks redlips She'll be ok if she learns how to rest... Heart attack and now a pacemaker. She's a very lucky woman.