+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tandon171 View Post
    Subbing. DS2 is 5.5 months and I can't get him to take a bottle either. I've tried 4 different teats with EBM, formula and a sippy cup with tepid water. He won't even try to drink from any of them. I'm not sure what else to do? DS1 took to everything with no problems!!
    Ha, babies. They're always one step ahead of me!
    I thought about buying a latex teat for DD's bottle because I read they're softer. Why does it have to be so hard?? Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Can you try getting hubby or someone else offer her the bottle while ur not around? Lots if bubs refuse bottles from mum at first as they know the milk they really want is right there

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing. I keep putting this off but am going back to work in less than a month (eek!!) and DS will be 6 months then so need to get something sorted as u will be away at least 8 1/2 hrs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I started weaning ds around 7m. He initially refused the bottle. Tried so many different ones. I ended up giving it a break. Just let him play with the empty bottle then one day put milk in and lo and behold he drank from it. It took a few goes until he finished a full bottle but he eventually loved them! Also he liked the narrow neck and not wide neck. Persevere and good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    I tried so many different bottles!! DD eventually took the cheapest bottle from Coles, it did take a couple of weeks before she eventually gave in for me, however if I wasn't home she would take the EBM from my DH.

Formula was another issue, took forever to get her to drink it, she use to just spit it out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The pigeon bottles worked for us. It took us 5 weeks to get bubs to take the bottle n as with your little one, DS never outright refused the bottle but would always toy with it n couldn't latch onto the teats properly.

Sent from my C6903 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mimi jumi bottles

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app