Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Brown is usually old blood, maybe go up to the hospital to get checked out

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Brown is old blood and can be common in early pregnancy. Red is new blood. Have you called your GP? Do you have any pain? I'd try and go get checked out.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (09-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's how my natural miscarriages started. Could take a few days still for things to really get going - very unpredictable but just trust your body. Take pain killers as much as you need. Being so early you'll probably experience something like a heavy period.

I'm very sorry for all that has happened (I commented back on page 1 I think it was) Take care of yourself

5. The Following User Says Thank You to OneLove For This Useful Post:

Stretched  (09-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't end up miscarrying naturally, I needed a D&C but spotting brown blood was the only indicator I had of something not right - I had a missed miscarriage at 9 weeks. I hope it's not the case for you but brown blood v's red blood isn't always accurate (well in my case anyway).

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ICanDream For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (10-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ICanDream View Post
    I didn't end up miscarrying naturally, I needed a D&C but spotting brown blood was the only indicator I had of something not right - I had a missed miscarriage at 9 weeks. I hope it's not the case for you but brown blood v's red blood isn't always accurate (well in my case anyway).
    Whats the best way of knowing? Going in for further blood tests or getting a scan?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It does sound like my miscarriage too. It took a while to progress to a proper bleed. Keep an eye on yourself and if you feel unwell at all, call your Dr or go to the hospital.

How is your DH? Is he supporting you and showing some compassion?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went for a scan - they did both internal and external to be sure. I had started the spotting the week before but my Obs said it was probably nothing but if I started to worry get it checked - at 9 weeks I started to worry, I guess I noticed my b00bs didn't feel as tender so he faxed the referral to the scan place and I went in with DH and thinking nothing would be wrong we had DS with us too. They booked me in the following day for a D&C as the scan showed no growth since 6+ weeks.

ETA: I'd never had any bloods during any of my pregnancies so he didn't have a reference point to compare to - given that you have maybe they could do a blood tests. The hospital can help either way.
    Last edited by ICanDream; 09-06-2014 at 21:31.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brimm View Post
    Whats the best way of knowing? Going in for further blood tests or getting a scan?
    A blood test should indicate whether the pregnancy is progressing. When I started having brown blood my BTs showed that the HCG levels were slowing down and eventually decreasing. A scan will also give and indication of where the pregnancy is at compared to where it 'should' be based on your dates.

It's such a horrible thing to go through and it's always a bit of guess work and uncertainty at this stage.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went for a scan - they did both internal and external to be sure. I had started the spotting the week before by my Obs said it was probably nothing but if I started to worry get it checked - at 9 weeks I started to worry, I guess I noticed my b00bs didn't feel as tender so he faxed the referral to the scan place and I went in with DH and thinking nothing would be wrong we had DS with us too. They booked me in the following day for a D&C as the scan showed no growth since 6+ weeks.
    I'm so sorry to hear that. Horrible thing to go through.

I am cramping a bit but not as bad as the other night. I knew this was coming so I was prepared. Everything has kind of lead up to it in a way. My husband hasn't been really, he gave me a hug last night but that was the extent. He has been sick all weekend and therefore has just been complaining about his health rather than how I am feeling. I'm kind of just thinking its natures way of saying now is not the time. It also makes me feel a little better that I probably didn't get past the 4 weeks mark and therefore it was very very early. If it was later that would have made things a bit more difficult.
    He is treating it as a get out of jail free card and therefore is acting like everything is back to normal.

It's been hard though in the sense that I've had to write school reports all weekend, go to work during the nights for my business and just act like everything is okay. I've got work tomorrow and I don't want to go, I'd rather just go to the doctors and get checked out to see what is occurring.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brimm View Post
    I've got work tomorrow and I don't want to go, I'd rather just go to the doctors and get checked out to see what is occurring.
    Then don't go

School will manage. It would be hard keeping your mind on the job anyway

14. The Following User Says Thank You to My Beloved Ones For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (09-06-2014)