+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 52 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 520
  1. #181
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    35
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked
    16
    Reviews
    0
    Hi, very sorry with everything you've been going through lately - esp loosing your mum

    I just wanted to jump in and say that if you've tested on the 12th &14th of May (am assuming this is around the time your period was due?) then you're spot or in the right time period on for dates- even though woman have different length cycles- their luteal phase remains the same - meaning that we all ovulate roughly two weeks before the beginning of our next cycles.

    Good luck with whatever you decide

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to sevenseas For This Useful Post:

    KaraB  (30-05-2014)

  3. #182
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    92
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    46
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by sevenseas View Post
    Hi, very sorry with everything you've been going through lately - esp loosing your mum

    I just wanted to jump in and say that if you've tested on the 12th &14th of May (am assuming this is around the time your period was due?) then you're spot or in the right time period on for dates- even though woman have different length cycles- their luteal phase remains the same - meaning that we all ovulate roughly two weeks before the beginning of our next cycles.

    Good luck with whatever you decide
    So they were right? I'm guess just trying to work out roughly the conception date would be. Not that it truly matters but just interested.

  4. #183
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    92
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    46
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by alexis243 View Post
    ^ Please don't take my above post as me assuming the worst for your pregnancy. What you can see in those early days really differs from person to person. I guess my point was that I wanted your husband to slow down with booking you in at the clinic

    No no, completely understandable, I felt the same way. I'm even more so now under the belief of what will be will be...just trying to find the right words with my husband.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to brimm For This Useful Post:

    alexis243  (30-05-2014)

  6. #184
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    92
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    46
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by alexis243 View Post
    Yeah, wether you decide to terminate or decide to keep your baby, you need to see what's going on in there. Sorry to add this into the mix, but if by chance you've miscarried, or had a missed miscarriage, you'll need this info, so make sure your husband is aware that there will have to be future blood tests and scans taken. Sorry for my next sentance, I don't want to come across as horrible. But, no point in booking for a termination when it's a D&C you need!

    Excuse how naive I am, but what is a D&C! Slowly learning the terms.

  7. #185
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,246
    Thanks
    2,512
    Thanked
    1,251
    Reviews
    10
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brimm View Post

    I was expecting so much more so was a little disappointed!
    This line alone tells me you want this child.

  8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LaDiDah For This Useful Post:

    ChickyBee  (30-05-2014),KaraB  (30-05-2014),michellek  (30-05-2014),PurpleButterfly4  (30-05-2014)

  9. #186
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    35
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked
    16
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by brimm View Post
    So they were right? I'm guess just trying to work out roughly the conception date would be. Not that it truly matters but just interested.
    Going by today's dating scan and the time you were expecting your next period (was it between the 12 and 14th may?) then you would have conceived around 30th April give or take a couple of days either side.

  10. #187
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,248
    Thanks
    489
    Thanked
    1,263
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sevenseas View Post
    Going by today's dating scan and the time you were expecting your next period (was it between the 12 and 14th may?) then you would have conceived around 30th April give or take a couple of days either side.
    Which should make OP 6-7 weeks pregnant, not 4.

    Quote Originally Posted by brimm View Post
    Excuse how naive I am, but what is a D&C! Slowly learning the terms.


    A dilation and curettage.

    The cervix is dilated and the uterine lining is scraped and removed. It's how they would have performed your surgical termination. It's also used to remove product of conception when a miscarriage occurs.
    Last edited by wannawannabe; 30-05-2014 at 16:05.

  11. #188
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    QLD
    Posts
    523
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked
    114
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry, a dilation and curettage. In the sad event that you did happen to have a missed miscarriage (and this is ALL 'what if's') I think it is a very similar procedure to a termination. Although I dare say you would not be up for the same expenses as a termination.

    It probably wasn't highly appropriate for me to say that, because I want you coming here to be more positive, but I just thought that I should mention it IN CASE.

  12. #189
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    32
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    9
    Reviews
    0
    @brimm your dates for positive pregnancy test and conception are about 4 days ahead of me and I'm just shy of 6 weeks pregnant so it doesn't seem to make sense that the scan only showed you being 4+2...

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to waitingwaitingwaiting For This Useful Post:

    wannawannabe  (30-05-2014)

  14. #190
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    92
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    46
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by waitingwaitingwaiting View Post
    @brimm your dates for positive pregnancy test and conception are about 4 days ahead of me and I'm just shy of 6 weeks pregnant so it doesn't seem to make sense that the scan only showed you being 4+2...
    Presume that's a bad thing...


 

Similar Threads

  1. I need to vent about unsupportive family members.
    By gamermummy in forum Feeling alone
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-02-2014, 18:01
  2. Uni- How difficult is it?
    By HarvestMoon in forum Hubbers who are studying
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 21-11-2013, 13:08
  3. Unsupportive Husband
    By MKG in forum IVF
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-07-2013, 16:39

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Springfree Trampoline
Give the Ultimate Christmas Gift Springfree Trampoline
The World's Safest Trampoline™ is now also the world's first Smart Trampoline™. Sensors on the mat detect your every move and your jumps control fun, educational and active games on tablet. Secure the Ultimate Christmas Gift today!
sales & new stuffsee all
Bub Hub Sales Listing
HAVING A SALE? Let parents know about it with a Bub Hub Sales listing. Listings are featured on our well trafficked Sales Page + selected randomly to appear on EVERY page
featured supporter
Wendys Music School
Wendy’s Music School. Experience, Quality and great service! For qualifying students we will get you playing or singing your favourite music in 90 days GUARANTEED! Book a free assessment online now!
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!