+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 52 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, very sorry with everything you've been going through lately - esp loosing your mum

I just wanted to jump in and say that if you've tested on the 12th &14th of May (am assuming this is around the time your period was due?) then you're spot or in the right time period on for dates- even though woman have different length cycles- their luteal phase remains the same - meaning that we all ovulate roughly two weeks before the beginning of our next cycles.

Good luck with whatever you decide

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sevenseas For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (30-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sevenseas View Post
    Hi, very sorry with everything you've been going through lately - esp loosing your mum

I just wanted to jump in and say that if you've tested on the 12th &14th of May (am assuming this is around the time your period was due?) then you're spot or in the right time period on for dates- even though woman have different length cycles- their luteal phase remains the same - meaning that we all ovulate roughly two weeks before the beginning of our next cycles.

Good luck with whatever you decide
    So they were right? I'm guess just trying to work out roughly the conception date would be. Not that it truly matters but just interested.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by alexis243 View Post
    ^ Please don't take my above post as me assuming the worst for your pregnancy. What you can see in those early days really differs from person to person. I guess my point was that I wanted your husband to slow down with booking you in at the clinic

No no, completely understandable, I felt the same way. I'm even more so now under the belief of what will be will be...just trying to find the right words with my husband.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to brimm For This Useful Post:

alexis243  (30-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by alexis243 View Post
    Yeah, wether you decide to terminate or decide to keep your baby, you need to see what's going on in there. Sorry to add this into the mix, but if by chance you've miscarried, or had a missed miscarriage, you'll need this info, so make sure your husband is aware that there will have to be future blood tests and scans taken. Sorry for my next sentance, I don't want to come across as horrible. But, no point in booking for a termination when it's a D&C you need!

Excuse how naive I am, but what is a D&C! Slowly learning the terms.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brimm View Post

I was expecting so much more so was a little disappointed!
    This line alone tells me you want this child.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LaDiDah For This Useful Post:

ChickyBee  (30-05-2014),KaraB  (30-05-2014),michellek  (30-05-2014),PurpleButterfly4  (30-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So they were right? I'm guess just trying to work out roughly the conception date would be. Not that it truly matters but just interested.
    Going by today's dating scan and the time you were expecting your next period (was it between the 12 and 14th may?) then you would have conceived around 30th April give or take a couple of days either side.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sevenseas View Post
    Going by today's dating scan and the time you were expecting your next period (was it between the 12 and 14th may?) then you would have conceived around 30th April give or take a couple of days either side.
    Which should make OP 6-7 weeks pregnant, not 4.

Excuse how naive I am, but what is a D&C! Slowly learning the terms.

A dilation and curettage.

The cervix is dilated and the uterine lining is scraped and removed. It's how they would have performed your surgical termination. It's also used to remove product of conception when a miscarriage occurs.
    Last edited by wannawannabe; 30-05-2014 at 16:05.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry, a dilation and curettage. In the sad event that you did happen to have a missed miscarriage (and this is ALL 'what if's') I think it is a very similar procedure to a termination. Although I dare say you would not be up for the same expenses as a termination.

It probably wasn't highly appropriate for me to say that, because I want you coming here to be more positive, but I just thought that I should mention it IN CASE.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @brimm your dates for positive pregnancy test and conception are about 4 days ahead of me and I'm just shy of 6 weeks pregnant so it doesn't seem to make sense that the scan only showed you being 4+2...

13. The Following User Says Thank You to waitingwaitingwaiting For This Useful Post:

wannawannabe  (30-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by waitingwaitingwaiting View Post
    @brimm your dates for positive pregnancy test and conception are about 4 days ahead of me and I'm just shy of 6 weeks pregnant so it doesn't seem to make sense that the scan only showed you being 4+2...
    Presume that's a bad thing...