+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 52 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brimm View Post
    Just finished with the ultrasound! Very unclimatic. Found out I'm 4 weeks 2 days with an expected due date of the 4th of Feb. But apparently due to how early it is due date could easily change. Pretty much all there was on the ultrasound was a sac and water which made my husband go "see, nothing really there!"

The ultrasound person said they wouldn't have been able to do the abortion on Monday anyways as it wouldn't have dropped to be able to operate on.

I am feeling very crampy now.

I'm trying to work out how it can be 4 weeks.. If that's since my last period or how old it is.
    Very unusual that they could even see a sac or calculate a due date at 4 weeks.

If your confident on last period and thought you were supposed to be 7+ weeks along, then there's a chance the pregnancy is not developing and that you will miscarry at some point.

Have they booked you for a follow up scan?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wannawannabe For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (30-05-2014),~BEXTER~  (31-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wannawannabe View Post
    Very unusual that they could even see a sac or calculate a due date at 4 weeks.

If your confident on last period and thought you were supposed to be 7+ weeks along, then there's a chance the pregnancy is not developing and that you will miscarry at some point.

Have they booked you for a follow up scan?
    Not 100% sure.

Guess I'm very confused.

Thanks
    Reviews
    All babies start out not even visible to the naked eye. The bottom line is if you have an abortion you won't have a baby, if you don't you will have a baby- unless you miscarry of course. I would have a follow up scan in a week. They should be able to see a fetal pole by then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by brimm View Post
    Not 100% sure.

Guess I'm very confused.
    If you were 4 weeks pregnant today, it would have been impossible to have a positive pregnancy test 2 weeks ago as the baby would have barely been conceived then!!!

I'd be going back to your gp, arranging a repeat scan in 1-2 weeks time and also getting repetitive bloods to see if your hcg (pregnancy hormone) levels are rising correctly to see if the pregnancy is progressing.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to wannawannabe For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (30-05-2014),Laydeebugxxx  (30-05-2014),Lincolns mummy  (30-05-2014),michellek  (30-05-2014),Pusheen The Cat  (30-05-2014),~BEXTER~  (31-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Brimm: my first scan was about the same as yours and they could only see the sac. Nothing more.

I now have a hyper crazy adorable 2.2 year old daughter.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Atlantic Puffin For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (30-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Atlantic Puffin View Post
    Brimm: my first scan was about the same as yours and they could only see the sac. Nothing more.

I now have a hyper crazy adorable 2.2 year old daughter.
    Thank you. I was kinda worried when I couldn't see anything but she didn't seem concerned. She checked on how everything was going with my ovaries etc and all good! She explained it would have been terrible practice if they had gone through with the abortion as it wouldn't have moved down to the uterus at that point..which it has now.

It's good to know I am all healthy inside though. She could tell which side the egg had come from and everything..which was kind of amusing. My husband afterwards said "is that your right or her right?"

I've had some cramping pains afterwards which have been terribly uncomfortable.

The lady wasn't much with the talking, I guess being honest and saying we hadn't decided anything made her that way. She wanted to turn the screen off and I said "I want to see everything". I'll be heading into the Doctors on Monday to further discuss things and have a counselling meeting on that Monday too.

I was expecting so much more so was a little disappointed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do hope I understood that all correctly. Bit of a whirl wind of emotions!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yeah, wether you decide to terminate or decide to keep your baby, you need to see what's going on in there. Sorry to add this into the mix, but if by chance you've miscarried, or had a missed miscarriage, you'll need this info, so make sure your husband is aware that there will have to be future blood tests and scans taken. Sorry for my next sentance, I don't want to come across as horrible. But, no point in booking for a termination when it's a D&C you need!

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you were worried that something could be wrong when you couldn't see much then I think that is a sign in itself. When I wasn't sure about what to do with my own unplanned pregnancy and I had a day where the morning sickness disappeared and I went in for a scan terrified i had lost the baby I couldn't deny that I wanted him after that

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KaraB For This Useful Post:

SAgirl  (30-05-2014),VicPark  (30-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    ^ Please don't take my above post as me assuming the worst for your pregnancy. What you can see in those early days really differs from person to person. I guess my point was that I wanted your husband to slow down with booking you in at the clinic