+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 52 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    They will probably do an internal ultrasound if they don't pick up a heartbeat at your scan (-if you agree to it). I always do, but I've had loads of kids and I'm unfazed by it all. I always wanted to see my baby in as much detail as possible. An internal ultrasound is where they use a probe that looks a bit like a skinny dildo with a condom on it and some of the gel inside the condom to get a better view of the baby.

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I hope the appointment went well, and good on you for standing up for what you want to do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MilkingMaid View Post
    I hope the appointment went well, and good on you for standing up for what you want to do.
    Few more hours till the appointment. Nervous and excited Thank you.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to brimm For This Useful Post:

GlitterFarts  (30-05-2014),KaraB  (30-05-2014),Laydeebugxxx  (30-05-2014),lovebeingamum!  (30-05-2014),MilkingMaid  (30-05-2014),mumbron  (30-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh sorry OP I have baby brain currently, I didn't realize the scan was today. How exciting! ) Good luck from me too. I hope they give you a little print out picture of the baby to take home

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Beat of luck for the ultrasound! I'm glad your husband had agreed to come along. I hope it gives you both some clarity and a way to move forward x

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app

7. The Following User Says Thank You to littlelove For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (30-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have had so many mixed emotions last night while laying in bed, I guess I am just trying to shift through my thoughts one at a time. Having my husband take a step back and not pressure me for one day has been really nice!

It always comes back to one thing; can I provide the life I want for my child and that scares me. I've always grown up with an idealistic view of what I wanted my children to grow up with. I wanted them to grow up on acreage with animals but still close enough to the city, to have private school education from K-12... something I have already started slowly saving for. Being a teacher education is SOOOO important to me and I'm happy to have the worst car in the world as long as they have the education I want (not to say public schools are bad, I work in a public school!) I want to be able to give them the opportunities to explore extra curricular activities be it ballet, sport, gymnastics and not be limited by finances.

I struggle so much with even the thought of abortion but I want to ensure I still give my children everything I want them to have. Is that wrong?

My husband has made it clear that he wants me to be a stay at home mum (even if I keep this baby), I'm more than happy to do so but also want to still contribute in some aspect towards finances. Reality is we cannot live solely off my husbands wage whilst still providing in the manner we wish. Has anyone here ever worked from home? Or worked some nights of the week? My mum used to work 2 nights a week teaching fitness classes at the local YMCA for extra cash.

How does everyone make it work? I'm sorry for my rambling, I feel like I can on here though!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to brimm For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (30-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by brimm View Post
    I have had so many mixed emotions last night while laying in bed, I guess I am just trying to shift through my thoughts one at a time. Having my husband take a step back and not pressure me for one day has been really nice!

It always comes back to one thing; can I provide the life I want for my child and that scares me. I've always grown up with an idealistic view of what I wanted my children to grow up with. I wanted them to grow up on acreage with animals but still close enough to the city, to have private school education from K-12... something I have already started slowly saving for. Being a teacher education is SOOOO important to me and I'm happy to have the worst car in the world as long as they have the education I want (not to say public schools are bad, I work in a public school!) I want to be able to give them the opportunities to explore extra curricular activities be it ballet, sport, gymnastics and not be limited by finances.

I struggle so much with even the thought of abortion but I want to ensure I still give my children everything I want them to have. Is that wrong?

My husband has made it clear that he wants me to be a stay at home mum (even if I keep this baby), I'm more than happy to do so but also want to still contribute in some aspect towards finances. Reality is we cannot live solely off my husbands wage whilst still providing in the manner we wish. Has anyone here ever worked from home? Or worked some nights of the week? My mum used to work 2 nights a week teaching fitness classes at the local YMCA for extra cash.

How does everyone make it work? I'm sorry for my rambling, I feel like I can on here though!
    There's no point having animals to play with, a private school education and getting to do ballet after school if your father never wanted you in the first place and your parents are constantly fighting.

None of that materialistic stuff would make up for growing up in a crappy home environment.

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to wannawannabe For This Useful Post:

delirium  (30-05-2014),GlitterFarts  (30-05-2014),Gracie's Mum  (30-05-2014),mrswhitehouse  (30-05-2014),VicPark  (30-05-2014),~BEXTER~  (30-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wannawannabe View Post
    There's no point having animals to play with, a private school education and getting to do ballet after school if your father never wanted you in the first place and your parents are constantly fighting.

None of that materialistic stuff would make up for growing up in a crappy home environment.
    I know that regardless of what I decide my husband will be an amazing Dad. Nothing makes his actions these past few weeks right and I'll always remember this and how I felt manipulated and abused....but at the end of the day I know he is a caring, loving and loyal man who would do ANYTHING for his children. He explained to me thats why he is so concerned, he doesn't feel he can provide for this baby in the manner he wants. As I told him, but to me I would rather have no money and a healthy happy baby than have all the riches in the world and never be able to have a child or a sick child.

Please don't think I am trying to be materialistic, that wasn't the point of the post. Just trying to make sense of my thoughts. My husband grew up in a family that stressed so immensely on money, his family doesn't have much money and struggled a lot when he grew up. He overheard arguments between his parents about money and he never wants his children to ever have to worry about that. Thats where it stems from apparently.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to brimm For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (30-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by brimm View Post
    I know that regardless of what I decide my husband will be an amazing Dad. Nothing makes his actions these past few weeks right and I'll always remember this and how I felt manipulated and abused....but at the end of the day I know he is a caring, loving and loyal man who would do ANYTHING for his children. He explained to me thats why he is so concerned, he doesn't feel he can provide for this baby in the manner he wants. As I told him, but to me I would rather have no money and a healthy happy baby than have all the riches in the world and never be able to have a child or a sick child.
    So he would do anything for his children and would be an amazing dad, but not this particular child because if I remember correctly he's trying to force you to have a termination. Sounds like Dad of the Year material to me.

15. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to wannawannabe For This Useful Post:

Atlantic Puffin  (30-05-2014),ChickyBee  (30-05-2014),DarcyJ  (30-05-2014),delirium  (30-05-2014),Gracie's Mum  (30-05-2014),KitiK  (30-05-2014),MissEm  (13-06-2014),Pusheen The Cat  (30-05-2014),Spotdog  (31-05-2014),VicPark  (30-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wannawannabe View Post
    So he would do anything for his children and would be an amazing dad, but not this particular child because if I remember correctly he's trying to force you to have a termination. Sounds like Dad of the Year material to me.
    Yeah, well...he would be to this particular child, I even asked him that question. But yes, he wants a termination....