+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 53 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 528
  1. #91
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    651
    Thanks
    270
    Thanked
    217
    Reviews
    5
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Please stop and think about what you want not only about the baby but really what YOU want out of life.
    Take time to reflect on your wants then make your decision.

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    368
    Thanks
    374
    Thanked
    146
    Reviews
    1
    I haven't read any replies yet but here are my two cents.
    I am a huge believer in being financially ready for children, but honestly it is only money. I don't know how someone can disregard your feelings if you are feeling so uncomfortable with this decision. Is this man going to threaten to leave every time something gets tough? This has to be your decision and you need to 100% comfortable with it or it will haunt you.

  3. #93
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    92
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    46
    Reviews
    0
    (Text deleted by Moderator)

    The point of the post was never to upset anyone or make anyone think any less of the situation. If that was the case I apologies. I didn't re-read what I wrote and therefore most of what I said must have come across completely wrong.

    I never said I would do any of those things, I said that were the dreams of my husband and what he wanted.

    As also stated we were using adequate birth control, we aren't 16 and have always taken the correct measures in ensuring this never happened. Even the doctors are complexed at how this occurred, but I think that makes it even harder for me. Like I said losing my mum really put everything into a new perspective and when I found out I was pregnant the first thing I thought was "how?" Two things failed for this to occur and to me...I don't know, this may sounds completely out there, but maybe this was just mean't to happen, maybe its my mum trying to bring some light into our life. I don't know, all I know is the support I have received here has been the only real support I have had. You all have allowed me to open my mind and really assess my options rather than feel threaten and manipulated. I have stood up to my husband last night and ensured he knows my feelings on how he has spoken to me since he found out. He may have listened, he may not have...
    Last edited by Mod-Uniquey; 29-05-2014 at 18:19. Reason: Ref to deleted post

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6,694
    Thanks
    1,185
    Thanked
    3,209
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Your husband will bankrupt you and you will be left with nothing and no baby. Please do what ever the hell you want and stuff him.

  5. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

    Bubbles10  (29-05-2014),Butterfly39  (29-05-2014),chickenfoot83  (29-05-2014),DarcyJ  (29-05-2014),KitiK  (29-05-2014),Mod-Myztik  (18-06-2014),snowqu33n  (29-05-2014),wannawannabe  (29-05-2014)

  6. #95
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6,694
    Thanks
    1,185
    Thanked
    3,209
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If loosing your mum has put things in perspective I fail to see how you havent told your hubby to get stuffed?

  7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

    Bluebirdgirl  (29-05-2014),Bubbles10  (29-05-2014),sjay  (05-09-2014)

  8. #96
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    92
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    46
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by lilypily View Post
    If loosing your mum has put things in perspective I fail to see how you havent told your hubby to get stuffed?
    Fear of losing someone else ultimately. His family is really the only family (asides from my sister) that I currently have. Doesn't justify anything, I know. But it's just scary.

  9. #97
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    SA
    Posts
    461
    Thanks
    72
    Thanked
    254
    Reviews
    0
    Huge huge hugs to you.
    I'm so sorry that you are put in this position at such a difficult time.
    I'm also sorry that your husband is not being supportive or helpful and that he is being such a bully.
    Regardless of what he says, you have all the power here. Allow yourself to have that power and to embrace it. Do not let him or anyone else bully you into something you don't want to do.
    I think that if you aren't absolutely 150% sure that you want to have an abortion, don't make the decision yet. You can't take it back if you go through with it.
    I am a firm believer of "things happen for a reason" and "what will be, will be".
    Please do not let money be the deciding factor. We were not in a financial position to have a second child but I decided that I wasn't going to let money (or lack thereof) get in the way of my perfect family. As fate would have it, I unexpectedly had twins. It is a massive struggle for us financially but I wouldn't change my kids for the world.
    There is nothing like the unconditional love between parent and child. If you believe in your heart that you can make it work (with or without your husband) then I think you should give this child a chance and you should give him/her all the love you can give and they will give it back to you ten fold.
    Remember, only YOU can make the final decision, and YOU need to be happy with your decision.

    *** "Daddy, toast, hat" ***

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThePancakeDrawer For This Useful Post:

    Butterfly39  (29-05-2014),MilkingMaid  (29-05-2014),SuperGranny  (29-05-2014)

  11. #98
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6,694
    Thanks
    1,185
    Thanked
    3,209
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brimm View Post
    Fear of losing someone else ultimately. His family is really the only family (asides from my sister) that I currently have. Doesn't justify anything, I know. But it's just scary.
    It must be hard. I can only encourage you to listen to your heart and know what you and your bub will make a great team and you can do it without anybody else xxx

  12. #99
    MilkingMaid's Avatar
    MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    9,661
    Thanks
    3,787
    Thanked
    2,144
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by misscheviuz View Post
    Huge huge hugs to you.
    I'm so sorry that you are put in this position at such a difficult time.
    I'm also sorry that your husband is not being supportive or helpful and that he is being such a bully.
    Regardless of what he says, you have all the power here. Allow yourself to have that power and to embrace it. Do not let him or anyone else bully you into something you don't want to do.
    I think that if you aren't absolutely 150% sure that you want to have an abortion, don't make the decision yet. You can't take it back if you go through with it.
    I am a firm believer of "things happen for a reason" and "what will be, will be".
    Please do not let money be the deciding factor. We were not in a financial position to have a second child but I decided that I wasn't going to let money (or lack thereof) get in the way of my perfect family. As fate would have it, I unexpectedly had twins. It is a massive struggle for us financially but I wouldn't change my kids for the world.
    There is nothing like the unconditional love between parent and child. If you believe in your heart that you can make it work (with or without your husband) then I think you should give this child a chance and you should give him/her all the love you can give and they will give it back to you ten fold.
    Remember, only YOU can make the final decision, and YOU need to be happy with your decision.

    *** "Daddy, toast, hat" ***
    1000% this!

    Especially:

    Regardless of what he says, you have all the power here. Allow yourself to have that power and to embrace it. Do not let him or anyone else bully you into something you don't want to do.
    I think that if you aren't absolutely 150% sure that you want to have an abortion, don't make the decision yet. You can't take it back if you go through with it.

    Remember, only YOU can make the final decision, and YOU need to be happy with your decision.

    My personal rule of thumb for any MAJOR decision is that unless I am 1000% sure of my decision, I do nothing until I AM 1000% sure, and the answer always comes, it can take a little bit of time, but it always comes eventually.


    Last edited by MilkingMaid; 29-05-2014 at 12:51.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to MilkingMaid For This Useful Post:

    ThePancakeDrawer  (29-05-2014)

  14. #100
    MilkingMaid's Avatar
    MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    9,661
    Thanks
    3,787
    Thanked
    2,144
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I remember what I was like before I had any kids, I was as materialistic and plan-filled as anyone, and MOST people are like that before they have kids, as they have no-one else to be responsible to.

    I can really clearly hear the mind whirlings going on for you, and it sounds very chaotic and scary.

    If you wanted to, you could try just finding a really quiet place, and steadying your breathing, close your eyes and just talk to this baby. Be there with this baby, as really, it is the two of you who are in this.

    See what drifts into your consciousness, just listen. Imagine, daydream, see how you feel without outside cacophony.

    Take care. You have all the answers.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to MilkingMaid For This Useful Post:

    KaraB  (29-05-2014)


 

Similar Threads

  1. I need to vent about unsupportive family members.
    By gamermummy in forum Feeling alone
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-02-2014, 18:01
  2. Uni- How difficult is it?
    By HarvestMoon in forum Hubbers who are studying
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 21-11-2013, 13:08
  3. Unsupportive Husband
    By MKG in forum IVF
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-07-2013, 16:39

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Bamboo Lulu
Unique, non-toxic wooden eco toys for babies. Water-based paints, saliva-resistant & baby safe. Super soft, prints & basics for baby, made from bamboo & organic cotton. Hypoallergenic - great for eczema relief. FREE gift with purchase. Code BUBHUB
sales & new stuffsee all
Bub Hub Sales Listing
HAVING A SALE? Let parents know about it with a Bub Hub Sales listing. Listings are featured on our well trafficked Sales Page + selected randomly to appear on EVERY page
featured supporter
The Fix Program Sydney CBD and Broadway
Pregnancy and women's health physio, pregnancy and new mum Pilates classes taught by our physios for you and bub. Pregnancy back and pelvic pain. Also, we treat postnatal and women of all ages. Incontinence, prolapse, sexual and pelvic pain.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!