+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default IUI & sperm analysis

Hi

We had our first IUI yesterday - clomid 25mg days 2-6 and trigger shot Monday followed by insemination 24 hours later.

The nurse ran through husband's sperm figures and I thought, gee, that sounds good!! 53,000,000/ml, 80% motility and grade 1 or 2. She said all good figures for IUI.

But, I started googling the numbers when I got home and realise grade 1 or 2 are the poorest quality in terms of motility.

Anyone got anything to reassure me? I figure the swimmers don't have to swim as far as through IUI; the little guys are placed high up and close to meet an egg, but if they're not moving, how do they penetrate the egg??

I don't want to be a negative nancy but I can't stop thinking about it!!

Hope someone can tell me their successes with similar grade swimmers!😊

TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jaanzi View Post
    Hi

We had our first IUI yesterday - clomid 25mg days 2-6 and trigger shot Monday followed by insemination 24 hours later.

The nurse ran through husband's sperm figures and I thought, gee, that sounds good!! 53,000,000/ml, 80% motility and grade 1 or 2. She said all good figures for IUI.

But, I started googling the numbers when I got home and realise grade 1 or 2 are the poorest quality in terms of motility.

Anyone got anything to reassure me? I figure the swimmers don't have to swim as far as through IUI; the little guys are placed high up and close to meet an egg, but if they're not moving, how do they penetrate the egg??

I don't want to be a negative nancy but I can't stop thinking about it!!

Hope someone can tell me their successes with similar grade swimmers!😊

TIA
    I am also keen to hear about this too. I am on clomid 50mg and ovulating. 3round. Hubby got low sperm cout and slow swimmers too so if doesnt work this round we gonna try iui

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jasminecook85 View Post
    I am also keen to hear about this too. I am on clomid 50mg and ovulating. 3round. Hubby got low sperm cout and slow swimmers too so if doesnt work this round we gonna try iui

Well, no success first time with IUI. Going to try without clomid and just do trigger... Asked FS about dh's numbers and he said they were fine. Seeing him again on day 10 so will do some more questioning then...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry this a bit of late reply.i wanted to try and just chill out for a bit cos I was getting stressed with ttc.

Are u pregnant yet?

I am seeing my ivf dr tomorrow feeling excited! We are doing ivf with icsi cos my hubbys sperm count still didnt increase was only 2% concentration and mobility is very slow. Our fertility dr is very confident we will fall first cycle so fx ivf dr has good news tomorrow at our first appointment!