Hello Ladies, my name is Sophie and I am currently in my second year, studying a dual degree in Nursing and Midwifery at the University of Queensland. As part of my course, I must complete 20 continuity of care experiences. A continuity of care experience is an ongoing relationship between myself the student, and you the woman, from early pregnancy, through to the immediate weeks following the birth.
As the student, I do not replace your primary care provider; I am simply there to learn, be a familiar face and provide extra support to you and your family through this ongoing relationship. My aim is to attend at least 5 of your antenatal appointments, the labour and birth and one or two postnatal visits.
I am a very caring and down to earth person that is passionate about midwifery and ensuring the woman and her family have an enjoyable pregnancy journey. My placement hospital is the Royal Brisbane and Women's hospital, however i can attend most hospitals in the Brisbane area!
If you are interested or simply want more information, do not hesitate to message me! i greatly appreciate you allowing me to be apart of such a special journey!
Thank you, Sophie.