+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    Have you ever thought about doing it yourself? I am very unhandy, and don't like manual type stuff, but have started painting the house. I don't like it at all, but I am saving around 3000 doing it myself.
    Yeah, and we will, eventually... I renovated my previous house myself so am pretty handy but it isn't as easy with a toddler and 22 weeks pregnant. Plus can't actually afford the paint at the moment

2. The Following User Says Thank You to shani2 For This Useful Post:

beebs  (28-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would like a fairy godmother to miraculously dump $50k in my account for Family Court so I can afford a decent barrister to fight hard for my children's emotional wellbeing. If there was an extra $400 then I would love to have my car serviced and a nice haircut

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hahaha, there is NO way I'd do it if I was preggo. I have a toddler and it is bad enough with kids. Plus, it is taking me ages, I go in, scrap paint of, fill cracks with crack filler, leave it for a few days. Go back in, Undercoat one wall, leave it for a few days etc. So a professional painter would have it done in a day - I am spending about a month on each room and the rest of the house is very much like a "reno" house - with rooms unused and other rooms storing everything. Oh for a million dollars!

Quote Originally Posted by shani2 View Post
    Yeah, and we will, eventually... I renovated my previous house myself so am pretty handy but it isn't as easy with a toddler and 22 weeks pregnant. Plus can't actually afford the paint at the moment

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    Hahaha, there is NO way I'd do it if I was preggo. I have a toddler and it is bad enough with kids. Plus, it is taking me ages, I go in, scrap paint of, fill cracks with crack filler, leave it for a few days. Go back in, Undercoat one wall, leave it for a few days etc. So a professional painter would have it done in a day - I am spending about a month on each room and the rest of the house is very much like a "reno" house - with rooms unused and other rooms storing everything. Oh for a million dollars!
    Yeah and the main room that needs painting is the lounge which is open plan, with a vaulted ceiling so about 12ft high at the highest point. Going to take ages but can't as the toddler will get in the way... Oh well I'll put up with baby poo yellow

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    I want fruit for the kids and meat for dinner. We've really been stretching because DF didn't get paid on time and we had to buy a mattress (got the other from my Dad) for the kids bunk bed last week.

If food was taken care of I would want a holiday to the snow.
    A haircut.
    Some new jeans (mine have a hole in and the other pair got bleached) and boots.
    Also I wish I could afford driving lessons so I could get my Ps.

Sent from my telecommunications device.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by tadpoles View Post
    I want fruit for the kids and meat for dinner. We've really been stretching because DF didn't get paid on time and we had to buy a mattress (got the other from my Dad) for the kids bunk bed last week.

If food was taken care of I would want a holiday to the snow.
    A haircut.
    Some new jeans (mine have a hole in and the other pair got bleached) and boots.
    Also I wish I could afford driving lessons so I could get my Ps.

Sent from my telecommunications device.
    If you live near me. I would happily bring some fruit and meat. Just pm me.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using The Bub Hub mobile app

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

bpac  (28-05-2014),FrothyFrog  (28-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well 10 minutes ago I wanted somewhere we could eat as a family maybe a kitchen island buuutttt after just going into the laundry to investigate a burning smell I now need/want a washing machine

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by anewme View Post
    If you live near me. I would happily bring some fruit and meat. Just pm me.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Your positivity and kindness makes me so wRm n fuzzy! You are a gutsey lady! Your kids are very blessed to have you as their mum

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pmakes3 For This Useful Post:

bpac  (28-05-2014),btmacxxx  (28-05-2014),munchkin275  (28-05-2014),shani2  (28-05-2014)

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    I would like

A person to follow me around and slap all the bad food choices out of my hands. Surely that's a thing?

Df to be more excited about planning a wedding.

At least an acre out of town on the right side for df to go to work with a decent enough house (doesn't have to be brilliant- we don't mind renovating) for under $300k. What a dream! If only...

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Nomsie For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (28-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ending 5/6/15100 Posts in a week
    Pregnancy acne to go away.
    Money to move in with my partner.
    Job so I can move in with my partner.
    A dog as I have always had dogs and feel lost without one but can't have one until I have enough time to train one.
    A car.
    My ex husband to see his kids reliably so I can do a good grocery shop without dragging my autistic child through crowds.