+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Wow I am so glad my son goes to a centre where all food is provided! What a nightmare. Confiscating food without providing an alternative is awful. How do they think they are frankly? They are not the parent.

I do think many people need "help" with food choices for their kids particularly at school age as it does affect their behaviour and ability to learn. Healthy school lunches should be provided for this reason.

I didn't go to school in Australia so is the norm here for kids to take their own lunch all the way up to high school?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm gobsmacked!!

Just to clarify inter-state confusion, what age group are we talking about? First year full-time (5/6) or earlier part-time?

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Bond Girl View Post
    No milk?!!! Why, does someone there have a milk allergy?

This all sounds so strict. Not looking forward to packing my DSs lunch next year!!
    Because they don't want to be responsible to ensure 30 kids put their milk back in the fridge so it stays at a safe temperature, they only have a bar sized fridge in the classroom for food that needs to be refrigerated and don't want 30 milk serves in there! I can see where they are coming from but they make no exception for any child (even mine with severe food aversions) because other parents kick up a stink if they see one child is allowed something.

With the egg replacer, we were given a giant list of egg and other ingredients that are 'egg-like' that arent allowed. I'll hafto check if they Match up. *fingers crossed*

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by GM01 View Post
    I'm gobsmacked!!

Just to clarify inter-state confusion, what age group are we talking about? First year full-time (5/6) or earlier part-time?
    Ours is a preschool 8.30am-3pm for toilet trained 3/4/5 yr olds

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    I know single mums trying their hardest to bring up their kids, keep a roof over their heads, feed them something they'll eat. No-ones taught them to cook from scratch. They are worn down and don't have the energy to home bake lovely treats, or even probably to fight too hard to get their kids to eat a decent serve of veggies.
    And I know of married mums who are the same. All the single mums I know actually manage very well.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beancounter For This Useful Post:

Elijahs Mum  (27-05-2014),Ellewood  (27-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by beancounter View Post
    And I know of married mums who are the same. All the single mums I know actually manage very well.
    I dont think Fearless Leader was trying to put single mums down it was just an example of one scenario. Its not a competition between single and partnered mums.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

8. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (27-05-2014),Chippa  (27-05-2014),FearlessLeader  (27-05-2014),haveheart  (27-05-2014),IndigoJ  (27-05-2014),just her chameleon  (29-05-2014),Laydeebugxxx  (27-05-2014),Little Miss Sunshine  (27-05-2014),MissMuppet  (29-05-2014),mummytomy2boysxxx  (27-05-2014),PipersMummy  (30-05-2014),PomPoms  (27-05-2014),Purple Lily  (27-05-2014),TimeForWine  (27-05-2014),~Marigold~  (27-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie_eyes View Post
    Because they don't want to be responsible to ensure 30 kids put their milk back in the fridge so it stays at a safe temperature, they only have a bar sized fridge in the classroom for food that needs to be refrigerated and don't want 30 milk serves in there! I can see where they are coming from but they make no exception for any child (even mine with severe food aversions) because other parents kick up a stink if they see one child is allowed something.

With the egg replacer, we were given a giant list of egg and other ingredients that are 'egg-like' that arent allowed. I'll hafto check if they Match up. *fingers crossed*
    If you get your Dr to write a letter stating he has to have it available to him they have to allow it.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using The Bub Hub mobile app

10. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

BornToBe  (27-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ratbags View Post
    The corn chips....yes they are over the salt limit. But it's funny as a naturopath my other daughter sees for her eczema is big on salt. Eat salt, add it to food, eat sugar, add it to everything . And the difference it has made is unreal!
    Really? That seems bizarre to me, I've seen many naturopaths and read much on nutrition and have never, ever heard a professional recommend eating refined sugar and salt. Unrefined salt like pink salt, celtic sea salt yes, eat liberally but refined salt in processed products is not much chop. And I don't think there is any evidence that refined, processed sugar is ever good for anybody in any amount.

That said, (and I don't mean to be jumping on you, am honestly just shocked about that recommendation!) plain corn chips are a pretty harmless choice in my opinion, and I do think governmental control is nuts about this. Let *me* make the choices for *my* kids. Don't tar all parents with the same brush.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutmonkey View Post
    I dont think Fearless Leader was trying to put single mums down it was just an example of one scenario. Its not a competition between single and partnered mums.
    Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Single mums are usually the standard example in any welfare type discussion - just doing my bit to stop the generalisation

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to beancounter For This Useful Post:

BornToBe  (27-05-2014),Ellewood  (27-05-2014),River Song  (27-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anewme View Post
    If you get your Dr to write a letter stating he has to have it available to him they have to allow it.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    That is awesome to know, because if I had to limit eggs, dairy, nuts to my gluten-free kids, I'd be kinda stuffed providing them with options they will eat!