+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsBid View Post
    you can also use chia seeds to replace egg
    What a great idea! How much chia would you use per egg? Would you add water to the chia first to make them gooey? Or just add them dry? Sorry to derail..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Use 1 tblsp chia with 3 tblsp water for each egg. I often just chuck in the water and chia before it gets mixed up, but to be safe, you mix up the water and chia until it goes to gel before adding it to the other ingredients. @dollypops, you can also grind them up first if you don't want the seeds to show up in the finished product.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruby_Tuesday15 For This Useful Post:

dollypops  (02-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Unless there is something in paperwork saying they can take away your childs food... send them what you like and feed them what you like. I see nothing wrong in what you sent for them. We as adults can't preach healthy when the majority of the population smoke and drinks. A few cornchips and a cookie isn't going to hurt them.

mother to a beautiful baby boy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by dollypops View Post
    What a great idea! How much chia would you use per egg? Would you add water to the chia first to make them gooey? Or just add them dry? Sorry to derail..
    I cant check my packet right now. but I do believe it says 1tbsn is = to one egg and then add water until they go soft 2-3 tbsn

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsBid For This Useful Post:

dollypops  (02-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutmonkey View Post
    Yet another reason why I dont send DS2 to any sort of daycare. I am absolutely dreading him starting pre-prep next year and copping flack over his limited diet.

Some people really have absolutely no idea. OP I would be really irritated.

Just for the record its been mine and my friends experiences that daycares provide a variety of healthy food and kids are much more likely to eat it than they are at home, because all the other kids are. Although I gather your son might have allergies or something which would be hard on him.

My auntie is a teacher and has seen kids whose parents send a 2ltr bottle of coke for lunch. So I think there needs to be policies in place but I think the policies mentioned here (eg not allowed a small handful of plain corn chips) are very over the top

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by soccer mum View Post
    Just for the record its been mine and my friends experiences that daycares provide a variety of healthy food and kids are much more likely to eat it than they are at home, because all the other kids are. Although I gather your son might have allergies or something which would be hard on him.

My auntie is a teacher and has seen kids whose parents send a 2ltr bottle of coke for lunch. So I think there needs to be policies in place but I think the policies mentioned here (eg not allowed a small handful of plain corn chips) are very over the top
    Thanks I do think that is the case with most kids, but my DS2 has allergies and SPD with some pretty major food aversions, so unfortunately I dont think it will help at all with him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    sorry I didnt word my post very well and came back to edit it. What I meant was I thought most daycares provide food? I was wondering if people are getting mixed up with daycare and kindy?

That does sound very hard with your sons conditions I can understand why you would want to avoid going anywhere that would be too restrictive

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks I do think that is the case with most kids, but my DS2 has allergies and SPD with some pretty major food aversions, so unfortunately I dont think it will help at all with him.

I found a daycare that is very accommodating with DDs food issues. They don't provide food so I pack hers. And they've not commented on her food and are very aware of her issues. I think if you found a centre you could discuss it with them. .. and if they won't accommodate don't go there.

Like you though. .. I'm dreading kindy/pre prep and school. ....

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

peanutmonkey  (02-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    I found a daycare that is very accommodating with DDs food issues. They don't provide food so I pack hers. And they've not commented on her food and are very aware of her issues. I think if you found a centre you could discuss it with them. .. and if they won't accommodate don't go there.

Like you though. .. I'm dreading kindy/pre prep and school. ....

We looked into it in the surrounding area and weren't happy with our options. Thankfully his teachers for pre-prep next year know him because they were also DS1's teachers, still cant help the nervousness though when all he has eaten today is cereal fruit bars, frozen peas (whilst still frozen!) And nutella sandwiches.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We looked into it in the surrounding area and weren't happy with our options. Thankfully his teachers for pre-prep next year know him because they were also DS1's teachers, still cant help the nervousness though when all he has eaten today is cereal fruit bars, frozen peas (whilst still frozen!) And nutella sandwiches.

DD ate yogurt. Cheese. ... kabana.... peas, half a fruit bar (!!!!!) And a cruskit. Lol. Plus pediasure.

Sigh. School will be a nightmare.