+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have fraught tooth and nail to get my 3 year old to eat avocado chocolate mousse. It has avocado, raw coco powder and rice malt syrup and cream. It looks just like real chocolate mousse but packed full of goodness. It fills his belly and I burst with pride that he eats something!!! Praise The Lord!! But that would be rejected cause its chocolate even though there is no chocolate in there but raw cacao powder. I'm seriously going up loose my sh2t if I get told how to feed my very fussy toddler so thank you for the heads up when picking a kindy and school.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

PomPoms  (29-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    I suppose you really can't win - id much prefer DS to take a homemade chocolate cookie with full fat butter/ milk and no additives than preservative laden sakatas!

Are these guidelines just for daycare/ pre school or for primary schools as well??
    We just have a no nut policy and they have to take fruit or veg for fruit break. That's it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lilypily View Post
    I have fraught tooth and nail to get my 3 year old to eat avocado chocolate mousse. It has avocado, raw coco powder and rice malt syrup and cream. It looks just like real chocolate mousse but packed full of goodness. It fills his belly and I burst with pride that he eats something!!! Praise The Lord!! But that would be rejected cause its chocolate even though there is no chocolate in there but raw cacao powder. I'm seriously going up loose my sh2t if I get told how to feed my very fussy toddler so thank you for the heads up when picking a kindy and school.
    If you have a child with additional dietary needs preschools/childcare can make allowances, have that discussion with them before you start. We had a child who was diabetic and coeliac we followed the drs recommendations and if she needed to drink poppers and eat lollies we explained to the other children why.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Hootenanny For This Useful Post:

lilypily  (29-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hootenanny View Post
    The plain sakatas are rice, vegetable oil and salt, what is in the chocolate you are putting in the cookies?

ETA - these guidelines are for children's services, schools may have their own
    I don't make chocolate cookies - I was just reffering to the OP,s cookies that were banned! ( I'm assuming most are made with cocoa powder ) But if I had the choice between them and BBQ sakatas I'd pick the cookies!
    Last edited by Elijahs Mum; 29-05-2014 at 22:29.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

PomPoms  (29-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    I don't make chocolate cookies - I was just reffering to the OP,s cookies that were banned! ( I'm assuming most are made with cocoa powder ) But if I had the choice between them and BBQ sakatas I'd pick the cookies!
    To be honest so would I, BBQ sakatas would send mine off the planet, but for school I would never send anything chocolate and we do opt for plain sakatas as they are a safe food for us and at 97% rice have some nutritional value.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie_eyes View Post
    It's really really hard for us.
    Ds#2 barely eats anything the preschool allow. He takes the same food 3x a week every single week, jatz, cheese and a container of tuna. He used to eat my baked muffins and stuff but this year someone has an egg allergy so i cant make him anything anymore. He eats veggie chips but they wont allow it.

So difficult. He wont eat bread or fruit or anything so.. Argh. They wont let him have an up n go or any type of meal replacement drink either as they don't allow milk!

Then they constantly report that he often complains he is tired and really flat and hard to motivate to get off the floor.

Thats because he is consuming maybe 300 calories whilst there as he is so over the food i do send with him he only takes a few bites.
    I'm sure you've tried anything so excuse me if I'm butting in but have you tried any egg replacements so you can make muffins again? The Orgran no egg replacer works really really well in baked stuff.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just dont think its their business to be forcing their guidelines onto other people. Its just not a daycare workers business what someone elses child is eating i dont care how much they dont approve

Thanks
    Reviews
    you can also use chia seeds to replace egg

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsBid For This Useful Post:

PomPoms  (02-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just make sure you ask to see their food/nutrition policy and discuss your child's needs with them. Exceptions can often be made when necessary.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Tildy For This Useful Post:

lilypily  (01-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    @lilypily this may have already been mentioned but don't stress until you actually meet with the centre and see their policies. We've been to numerous centres over the years and they've all had the policies in place but have never had a problem. And we send imperfect food from time to time.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

lilypily  (01-06-2014)