+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lilypily View Post
    It pains me that daycare feed my son low fat food and milk.
    It would me too! I followed said guidelines for years and only got fatter and fatter. Since eating right I have lost 2 dress sizes .

Would they allow you to bring in a 2L bottle of full cream milk for him?

Now that the girls are in school no one is policing their lunch boxes so they get what I give them. Including strawberries and whipped cream . There are guidelines at the school but they are not policed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This sort of thing bugs me to no end. what happened to people being allowed to parent their children as they see fit, how completely degrading that parents are told how to feed their children by school teachers

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheerilee View Post
    It would me too! I followed said guidelines for years and only got fatter and fatter. Since eating right I have lost 2 dress sizes .

Would they allow you to bring in a 2L bottle of full cream milk for him?

Now that the girls are in school no one is policing their lunch boxes so they get what I give them. Including strawberries and whipped cream . There are guidelines at the school but they are not policed.
    We are so on the same page

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

PomPoms  (29-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think the low fat thing for kids is ridiculous! Especially considering that low fat generally means more salt, sugar, or worse artificial sweetener. I would prefer the fat.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tildy For This Useful Post:

babycake  (29-05-2014),lambjam  (30-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It would annoy me. My DD is a dud eater, will not eat fruit and hardly any veg - I don't know what her problem is but nothing works. I have resorted to fruit puree again as at least I get it into her. I sent it to 4yo pre-school and god help me she was teased by other kids so now I don't bother. I have spoken to the room supervisors and told them I will deal with that battle at home, she is allowed plain savoy crackers in her lunchbox and her sandwich and a cheese stick. I'm all for healthy eating but I set the rules for my kids not some person that doesn't know the background.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've just baked cookies with the main
    Ingredient being mashed sweet potato. It has 1/4 cup sugar . Tempted to print out the recipe and give it to the teachers tomorrow so they can't stop her eating it
    Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ICanDream View Post
    It would annoy me. My DD is a dud eater, will not eat fruit and hardly any veg - I don't know what her problem is but nothing works. I have resorted to fruit puree again as at least I get it into her. I sent it to 4yo pre-school and god help me she was teased by other kids so now I don't bother. I have spoken to the room supervisors and told them I will deal with that battle at home, she is allowed plain savoy crackers in her lunchbox and her sandwich and a cheese stick. I'm all for healthy eating but I set the rules for my kids not some person that doesn't know the background.
    @ICanDream just as an aside to the thread. Put the fruit puree in a special straw cup add some coconut water or yogurt.... Then the other kids won't know. It's a boost juice!! My dd has her fruit like this.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Am I seriously going to be the only one to admit that my kids take a bit of junk every day? All this angst over a home made biscuit and some corn chips? Can't believe it. My kids take a muesli bar or le snack most days, WHITE bread sanga, two pieces of fruit, a yoghurt, cheese and once or twice a week a little packet of chippies.

If my school/daycare was so over the top about food, I would choose to remove my child and send them elsewhere. Not the daycare/schools choice to make - if they feel that my slim, healthy and active children are being 'neglected' by getting some chips in their lunchbox then they can report met to docs, before they let my kids go hungry. We'll see how my 'neglect' stacks up against the rest of the stuff docs has to deal with......

11. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mum2EandR For This Useful Post:

AngelicHobgoblin  (29-05-2014),atomicmama  (29-05-2014),DJ Nette  (29-05-2014),dollypops  (29-05-2014),Ellewood  (29-05-2014),peanutmonkey  (29-05-2014),PomPoms  (29-05-2014),Purple Lily  (29-05-2014),snowqu33n  (29-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum2EandR View Post
    Am I seriously going to be the only one to admit that my kids take a bit of junk every day? All this angst over a home made biscuit and some corn chips? Can't believe it. My kids take a muesli bar or le snack most days, WHITE bread sanga, two pieces of fruit, a yoghurt, cheese and once or twice a week a little packet of chippies.

If my school/daycare was so over the top about food, I would choose to remove my child and send them elsewhere. Not the daycare/schools choice to make - if they feel that my slim, healthy and active children are being 'neglected' by getting some chips in their lunchbox then they can report met to docs, before they let my kids go hungry. We'll see how my 'neglect' stacks up against the rest of the stuff docs has to deal with......

Haha, I could not agree more. Seriously, parents never used to get any guidance in the good ole days, they kept us alive and loved us well enough. We turned out fine, better and tougher than kids these days many would argue!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellewood View Post
    Haha, I could not agree more. Seriously, parents never used to get any guidance in the good ole days, they kept us alive and loved us well enough. We turned out fine, better and tougher than kids these days many would argue!
    Yes but the good old days didn't have processed ****. Even if it was "fatty" it wasn't junk iykwim. There was still nutritional value

14. The Following User Says Thank You to maternidade For This Useful Post:

Ellewood  (29-05-2014)