+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Finally finished watching it! It was a bit confusing over the top of the climb - the commentators had said the descent was neutralised but then some riders stopped, some didn't - was it just the radio reporting wrong info to the commentators or were riders also confused??

How good is Quintana - Ryder was pretty impressive too - 9th on the leaderboard after a shocking first week.

Cadel still 3rd - bless his little cotton socks - I hope he can hang on!

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Cadel is toast.

Quintana was amazing ...

They have apparantly had a few meetings before todays stage as OPQS/BMC/Saxo are pretty unhappy with Movistar for riding on.

https://twitter.com/jeredgruber/stat...835264/photo/1

they clearly overtook a moto with a red flag, but the communication was horrendous.

Apparantly race radio did not actually say that the descent was neutralised, but most teams believed it was due to some (official) posts on twitter and communication with the race organisers. But Movistar and Europcar (and Sky as Cataldo definitely rode on) ... were riding ...

quintana would have won anyway ... but wouldnt have got pink I dont think.

Anyway - they talked about a protest today, but nothing really came of it and they are riding now.

There will bea quid-pro-quo though Be interesting to see what happens if Valverde gets into trouble at the Tour. There wont be any waiting and Omega Pharma will go to the front

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh I love drama in the peloton! It did seem there was confusion at the top. I just flicked through some articles - never looks good when tweets are deleted by officials.

I agree that Quintana would have won that stage regardless - he was just too good - did you hear the commentators say that to earn money for his family when he was younger, he used to drive a taxi (only at night as he was underage) - what a life he's had so far!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    yep - him and Uran both.

Uran's father died when he was 14, he left school to work to earn money for his family.

difficult life for both of them.

The teams are demanding that Quintana's time be reduced by 55 seconds ... dunno how or why they have arrived at 55 seconds - the gap a the bottom was close to 2 minutes ... but anway - there will be more meetings after the stage.

Will be interesting.

todays stage very boring. Break will win ,.. go to bed early ready for tomorrow

Thanks
    Reviews
    Finally caught up.....loved the last sprint finish.

Quintana was just so good - he nailed all those climbs.

Michael Rogers was pretty good - 2 stage wins and one on top of Monte Zon*****. I can't believe that spectators feel like they can touch the riders - that guy that pushed Bongiomo - he potentially changed the stage results. I do find myself yelling at the screen to leave the riders alone.

Bring on the Tour!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    yeah me too. that made me soooo angry.

Quintana was a class above the rest. Going to make life hard for Valverde I think - Quintana will get whatever he wants from the team, and Valverde will get whats left over.

Evans was as good as could be expected from him I think. He should concentrate on the classics.

Dauphine and Tour de Suisse in a few weeks, then will be Tour time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    bumping this from last year.

anyone been watching? It has be a FUN race. So good

and tonight and tomorrow night going to be awesome