+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks also Degrassi for updating. My boy may be on the spectrum also but I'm waiting till he's 4. So far daycare have said he's ok and mostly doing what other kids do but there are still some things that make me think maybe

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by [Mod] Degrassi View Post
    I posted earlier in this thread, and my DS also ended up being diagnosed with ASD. At the time I posted we were still a bit 'is he on the spectrum or isn't he?', but now at almost 4 it is pretty obvious he is different from a neurotypical child of his age.

We have been accepted onto the NDIS and I'm waiting for a planner to call so we can meet and get the ball rolling with all the funding/therapies. I've been told there's a delay and I probably won't hear until late this month.

I'm looking forward to getting all the therapies rolled out. DS starts preschool at the end of the month (1 day a week) and we have also applied to get him into an early intervention program run by a local primary school. Should be a big year for him and for us!

Thanks for updating OP
    My DS has NDIS funding for his speech delay. If you'd like to discuss the planning process I'd be happy to. I had no idea how it all worked so would be happy to share our experience if you want to PM me.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to WiseOldOwl For This Useful Post:

Mod-Degrassi  (15-01-2015)