+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    That's a pretty big generalisation imo.
    And that's cool... I just notice all the same usernames in both types of threads and find it interesting

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grooviechic35 View Post
    I agree with u also.... Because they are smart and worked hard and have a plan they should be punished because people who never thought ahead just thought someone else would pick up the slack. What if the ppl requiring the assistance blew all their money on partying and travelling where as the others went without so they could provide later
    Punished??? Not receiving help from the government is NOT punishment! Government assistance is meant to help people, not reward them.

3. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

beebs  (26-05-2014),Izy  (19-06-2014),Lillynix  (27-05-2014),LoveLivesHere  (26-05-2014),Pusheen The Cat  (26-05-2014),RobinSparkles  (26-05-2014),snowqu33n  (27-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    Punished??? Not receiving help from the government is NOT punishment! Government assistance is meant to help people, not reward them.
    Well apparently if u don't work because u dont want to gets u govt assistance if that's not a reward I don't know what is

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Well apparently if u don't work because u dont want to gets u govt assistance if that's not a reward I don't know what is
    Your issue is with the (few) people who get away with 'not wanting to work', not the system in general. From what I hear it's incredibly difficult to get government benefits and is in no way a 'rewarding' lifestyle.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ellewood For This Useful Post:

beebs  (26-05-2014),Izy  (19-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I never said your opinion was less valid than mine? I do think that if people are going to call for sweeping reforms they should have a reason for it? Is that too much to ask?

I have no problem with anyone having a differing opinion at all, a healthy debate is important. But if people come in saying random stuff, I think it is ok to ask for the evidence to back up the claims.

Where did I say that anyone with a differing opinion was "stupid or insane?"

I just think a lot of people on here are the ones crying for assistance yet they ****ed away their 20-30s partying and holidaying overseas not thinking about the future. I see the countless threads where they say how amazing it was and then in yeh next breath ask for a hand.... Then there are people that miss out on partyg and holidaying and travelling to scrimp and save every dime.. Get a pittance from the govt to help support their family or anything else. I'm not just talking about pensioners... I get some people require help such as carers and bad things happen to people but they are minority..., when we were close to broke we got zip from the govt we struggled.... And we both worked full time, sent kids to child care and poured thousands down the drain to do so just to get by.

I know people who have mental illness my husband has it and doesn't work because of it because he would probably kill himself from the stress... That's not an over reaction. That's the truth... Do u know ow much money we get ATM none zip..... Even when we were struggling because according to ppl on here we don't need it because I earn good money... Tell me that when there is one person working with 2 children a husband who is sick and e endless amount of bills...

You know what u can say whatever you like say I live in the clouds but you know what I don't. I live in the real world where guess what life is hard. Someone isn't always there to catch u when you fall... The assistance being given is never guaranteed..... Especially if u under estimate then u have a debt to pay back also.... But then again I bet that debts the govts fault because they didn't just let it go...

Not everything is right with the budget but honestly people need to stop whinging about not getting enough money for this or enough money for that... MOST PEOPLE STRUGGLE!

As for he Aps employees.... I have worked In their departments and the people who should be fired can't because of all the rules! They could be fired and let someone who genuinely wants the job and to do it well. Not just sit on their bums and do a half arsed job because they know they can. I have done a lot of work with many aps agencies and there are a lot of people throughout...

Beebs you have been the predominant writer in the thread and everyone who disagrees with u either needs to do unbiased research or needs to be of a certain position to know what they are talking about (eg having financial records of govt agencies) yet in the same breath you can say your right just because.... I bet u do t read any documents that would show liberal in a good light and if you did you would say whoever wrote it is biased... Or poisoned by the media.... Have you ever thought the stuff you read is biased... A you don't have all the right answers and heaven for bid you might be wrong.....

Everything vicpark says u shoot Down I agree with a lot of what she says in most threads actually... And there are others that say things like crankyold ow speaks out about first home buyers grant knowing people will probably slaughter her... Personally I think it should be kept because it promotes growth and also creates work for builders.... And I totally understand what she says when people took advantage for increasing prices or suddenly thinking they can afford things they can't....

I know a lot of people on here won't agree with me and you know what that's ok I don't agree with the chaplaincy program but I'm sure some people here would because of their religion and you know what THATS OK...... I'm not going to have a go at them or ask if they are stupid or insane.... Or their principals mean more than mine.

Everyone has different views, everyone comes to different conclusions and feels differently about things.

And you know what I'm a liberal supporter doesn't mean I'm brained washed, doesn't mean I believe everything they put in the paper, doesn't mean I'm stupid or my points of view have any less value than yours....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by crankyoldcow View Post
    Living in poverty is not a reward for losing your job.

Government benefits are necessary as part of a caring functional society to look after the less forunate members who for whatever reason cannot work. People may receive them for a short time as a leg up while looking for work for the long term if they have a chronic illness / mental health problems / whatever else and cannot work.

There will always be people who cannot work and rely on government benefits. It does not make them bludgers and they are not being rewarded for being disabled. It is common human decency to provide for the less fortunate.
    Ok so u say things should be means tested correct?
    How is it my friend who could work had a job and quit cause she could.... And then went on benefits (no children) and she owns a house and rents it out... Deliberately cleared her bank accounts so she looked broke and went and lived with her dad... Oh but also claimed rent. Assistance...

Not everyone on the dole is unfortunate. Not everyone on the dole is hard done by... Yes there are some and unfortunately there are people who ruin it for them... The people who use it as an aid absolutely should get help. But the people who àre only using it so they can prolong going back to work because "I don't want to" or well the earths axis is slightly the wrong degree and the ice caps are melting then no... I do not feel sorry for those people and unfortunately I know a lot of these people.... I actually know more people frauding payments then people doing the right thing. The people who do do the right thing get nothing because r deemed not in need when they r broke

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I apologised and said I thought it was you, but I was wrong, I wasn't trying to put words in your mouth!

Quote Originally Posted by mum2maisie View Post
    If you go back I never said that..I am a labor voter..I do not believe we are in a debt crisis so please do not put words into my mouth that were never spoken.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like you have very little idea of how the welfare system works.

Also, I don't mean to be rude, but could you please type words out correctly? It's difficult to read when you abbreviate so much and is in fact against the rules here.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

Anjalee  (26-05-2014),beebs  (26-05-2014),cheekychook  (26-05-2014),HappyBovinexx  (26-05-2014),Pusheen The Cat  (26-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    All good beebs

13. The Following User Says Thank You to mum2maisie For This Useful Post:

beebs  (26-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I think it's now really hard to be a lifetime welfare user. There are so many rules and hoops to jump through. By the time our generation are old, those with small super will be the low income workers, SAHM's those on disability and caring for the disabled.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

beebs  (26-05-2014)