+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 268
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Kimberley WA
    Posts
    4,622
    Thanks
    916
    Thanked
    1,180
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm not sure about all government departments but I'm speaking in relation to the health service when I say I think it needs a severe overhaul. Having been working in the system for over 14 years I do know there are many positions that are full time but don't have enough work for a person full time, many position could either be part time or combined with another position that doesn't have the workload for a full time person. I think every position should be reviewed.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blessedwith3boys For This Useful Post:

    Izy  (19-06-2014),VicPark  (26-05-2014)

  3. #32
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    10,012
    Thanks
    14,124
    Thanked
    7,612
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    You mean where you work My DH is an RN, and gets phone calls all the time asking him to come in desperately, even when on his holidays, even when he is supposed to start his shifts a couple of hours later. It is a complete joke!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberleygal1 View Post
    I'm not sure about all government departments but I'm speaking in relation to the health service when I say I think it needs a severe overhaul. Having been working in the system for over 14 years I do know there are many positions that are full time but don't have enough work for a person full time, many position could either be part time or combined with another position that doesn't have the workload for a full time person. I think every position should be reviewed.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

    mummytomy2boysxxx  (26-05-2014)

  5. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    10,315
    Thanks
    3,126
    Thanked
    6,319
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    Cannot believe they are talking about cutting pensioner discounts for utilities, as if they haven't already got enough to worry about.
    I think it should be means tested though - my in laws get all the pensioner discounts and they are self funded retirees and are loaded - but as soon as they turned 65 they got a letter saying their rego was now free , their rates are reduced plus a few more discounts that they really don't need - this money should go to the pensioners that really do need it

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

    Izy  (19-06-2014),LaDiDah  (27-05-2014),VicPark  (26-05-2014)

  7. #34
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    10,012
    Thanks
    14,124
    Thanked
    7,612
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I agree with you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    I think it should be means tested though - my in laws get all the pensioner discounts and they are self funded retirees and are loaded - but as soon as they turned 65 they got a letter saying their rego was now free , their rates are reduced plus a few more discounts that they really don't need - this money should go to the pensioners that really do need it

  8. #35
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    88
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    21
    Reviews
    0
    I don't agree..they probably worked hard all their lives..why should they not be entitled to what everyone else is?

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to mum2maisie For This Useful Post:

    Star Light  (26-05-2014)

  10. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    10,315
    Thanks
    3,126
    Thanked
    6,319
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Because they did work hard they have everything they need so why not pass on the assistance to those who actually need it - we have a retirement plan that does not involve government assistance and I have no problem missing out on small discounts on things so others that are not so lucky can use them - that to me is just common sense

  11. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

    beebs  (26-05-2014),dancingchipmunk  (26-05-2014),delirium  (26-05-2014),HarvestMoon  (26-05-2014),Izy  (19-06-2014),Lillynix  (27-05-2014),LoveLivesHere  (26-05-2014),Maia  (26-05-2014),Mokeybear  (27-05-2014),mummytomy2boysxxx  (26-05-2014),peanutmonkey  (26-05-2014),Purple Lily  (26-05-2014)

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    403
    Thanks
    105
    Thanked
    167
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mum2maisie View Post
    I don't agree..they probably worked hard all their lives..why should they not be entitled to what everyone else is?
    I agree with u also.... Because they are smart and worked hard and have a plan they should be punished because people who never thought ahead just thought someone else would pick up the slack. What if the ppl requiring the assistance blew all their money on partying and travelling where as the others went without so they could provide later

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to grooviechic35 For This Useful Post:

    Star Light  (26-05-2014),VicPark  (26-05-2014)

  14. #38
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    10,012
    Thanks
    14,124
    Thanked
    7,612
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Really? Why should rich people not be entitled to government payments? Because they don't need it. So ironic that people are freaking out about the non existent budget crisis, but in the next breath say rich people deserve hand outs too!

    Quote Originally Posted by mum2maisie View Post
    I don't agree..they probably worked hard all their lives..why should they not be entitled to what everyone else is?

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

    LoveLivesHere  (26-05-2014)

  16. #39
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    88
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    21
    Reviews
    0
    I never said I was freaking out about the "budget crisis".

  17. #40
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    10,315
    Thanks
    3,126
    Thanked
    6,319
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grooviechic35 View Post
    I agree with u also.... Because they are smart and worked hard and have a plan they should be punished because people who never thought ahead just thought someone else would pick up the slack. What if the ppl requiring the assistance blew all their money on partying and travelling where as the others went without so they could provide later
    What if the people requiring the assistance are sick or dying or are carers - they miss out on extra money because I have lots of money and demand my $400 discount on my $200,000 luxury motor home rego and my $2 mil waterfront home - what world do you live in????

  18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

    DailyDiversion  (26-05-2014),mummytomy2boysxxx  (26-05-2014),Pusheen The Cat  (26-05-2014)


 

Similar Threads

  1. The Budget?
    By Ellewood in forum News & Current Affairs
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 18-05-2014, 19:44
  2. Best way to budget?
    By AngelicHobgoblin in forum Family Finances
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 02-01-2014, 21:39
  3. Budget App
    By sweetpeamummy in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-01-2014, 09:47

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Boody Organic Bamboo Baby Wear
Softer than your bub's bum Boody Organic Bamboo Baby Wear
Australia's favourite eco brand has delivered a gorgeous baby collection. Made from organic bamboo, Boody's extraordinarily soft and stretchy, skin-friendly tops, bottoms, onesies, bibs and wraps don't 'cost the earth'. Get 20% OFF! Code BUBHUB16.
sales & new stuffsee all
True Fairies
True Fairies is the first interactive website where children can engage and speak with a real fairy through the unique webcam fairy portal. Each session is tailored to the child, and is filled with enchantment and magic.
Visit website to find out more!
featured supporter
Softmats
Softmats specialises in safe, non-toxic, and durable play mats. The international Premium Dwinguler™ Play Mats and Premium Bubba Mat™ range of floor spaces are the best quality in the world.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!