+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 279
  1. #21
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    88
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    21
    Reviews
    0
    Subbing

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    townsville
    Posts
    2,816
    Thanks
    1,570
    Thanked
    1,277
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Subbing

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    12,708
    Thanks
    9,558
    Thanked
    12,690
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    Having friends in the public service means nothing. Unless you are privy to the inner workings of each department, then I don't see how you can just "decide" that these things need to be done, that goes for your friends who work in the APS, unless they are the state director of course - that would be different!
    Ditto

  4. #24
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    10,012
    Thanks
    14,124
    Thanked
    7,612
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    No, not ditto VP. Because unlike you, I am not calling for sweeping reforms of the APS...on account of not having the financial knowledge of each department. See the difference?

    Of course, cost effectiveness and efficient departments are what is required, but calling for sackings and closures of departments, when we don't actually know what they do is not a way to get the most out of the APS.

    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Ditto

  5. #25
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    10,012
    Thanks
    14,124
    Thanked
    7,612
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Cannot believe they are talking about cutting pensioner discounts for utilities, as if they haven't already got enough to worry about.

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

    BornToBe  (27-05-2014),Laydeebugxxx  (26-05-2014)

  7. #26
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    7,845
    Thanks
    5,061
    Thanked
    4,446
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    Having friends in the public service means nothing. Unless you are privy to the inner workings of each department, then I don't see how you can just "decide" that these things need to be done, that goes for your friends who work in the APS, unless they are the state director of course - that would be different!
    This part of the argument is going no where, if this is the case beebs, then none if us can argue they're either fair changes or unfair as none of us know.

    That's why I tend to sit on the fence with this part as it can't and shouldn't be a blanket all cuts to federal government staff and boards and departments is either all bad and all good. Each need to be judged on their own merits and we just don't know enough of the ins and outs.

    Though I don't like this government's attitude towards science.

  8. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,245
    Thanks
    1,772
    Thanked
    2,017
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    Cannot believe they are talking about cutting pensioner discounts for utilities, as if they haven't already got enough to worry about.
    It's not just utilities either. It extends to concessions/rebates/exemptions being scrapped on council rates, water, public transport, drivers licence, etc.



    Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

  9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

    beebs  (26-05-2014),LoveLivesHere  (26-05-2014),mummytomy2boysxxx  (26-05-2014)

  10. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,914
    Thanks
    482
    Thanked
    552
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I work in the public service. We have already been cut to bare bones, not much more can be lost from us.
    But I work in only one part of the PS so I cant comment on the others and their staffing levels.

    What I can say is that I would be cutting thungs like the chaplaincy funding before making more people unemployed

    Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by kezanazz; 26-05-2014 at 16:06.

  11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kezanazz For This Useful Post:

    Atropos  (26-05-2014),beebs  (26-05-2014),HarvestMoon  (26-05-2014),Izy  (19-06-2014),VicPark  (26-05-2014)

  12. #29
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    10,012
    Thanks
    14,124
    Thanked
    7,612
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    So do I, and I worry - really worry about how these cuts are going to affect our service delivery. It is bad enough as it is at the moment, the department I work for really can't be dealing with more cuts, but that is exactly what is happening.

    Quote Originally Posted by kezanazz View Post
    I work in the public service. We have already been cut to bare bones, not much more can be lost from us.
    But I work in only one part of the PS so I cant comment on the others and their staffing levels.

    What I can say is that I would be cutting thungs like the chaplaincy funding before making more people unemployed

    Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

    kezanazz  (26-05-2014)

  14. #30
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    10,012
    Thanks
    14,124
    Thanked
    7,612
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yup, that is exactly what I was saying. You can't just say things like, "cut the fat", "Dept of water science pfft", if you don't actually know what they do and what their financials are like. That is all I was saying.

    Quote Originally Posted by Allie Pallie View Post
    This part of the argument is going no where, if this is the case beebs, then none if us can argue they're either fair changes or unfair as none of us know.

    That's why I tend to sit on the fence with this part as it can't and shouldn't be a blanket all cuts to federal government staff and boards and departments is either all bad and all good. Each need to be judged on their own merits and we just don't know enough of the ins and outs.

    Though I don't like this government's attitude towards science.


 

Similar Threads

  1. The Budget?
    By Ellewood in forum News & Current Affairs
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 18-05-2014, 19:44
  2. Best way to budget?
    By AngelicHobgoblin in forum Family Finances
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-01-2014, 21:39
  3. Budget App
    By sweetpeamummy in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-01-2014, 09:47

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Springfree Trampoline
Give the Ultimate Christmas Gift Springfree Trampoline
The World's Safest Trampoline™ is now also the world's first Smart Trampoline™. Sensors on the mat detect your every move and your jumps control fun, educational and active games on tablet. Secure the Ultimate Christmas Gift today!
sales & new stuffsee all
Wendys Music School Melbourne
Wondering about Music Lessons? FREE 30 minute ASSESSMENT. Find out if your child is ready! Piano from age 3 years & Guitar, Singing, Drums, Violin from age 5. Lessons available for all ages. 35+ years experience. Structured program.
Use referral 'bubhub' when booking
featured supporter
Sarah Tooke Childbirth & Parenting Education
Providing private, personalised antenatal childbirth & parenting education to expectant parents in the comfort of their own home. Sessions are flexible, including everything that hospital based programs cover. Click to find out more!
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!