+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-06-1...rigger/5532358

Another block, so DD is an option, although of course it won't happen. Abbott is stupid, but not that stupid.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Izy  (19-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Does anyone know if the new PPL comes in (26 weeks at actual wage and scrapping,employer paid leave) when would it apply from? Babies born after 1 January 2015? Or babies born on or after the date the legislation passes?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    The date decided in the legislation. It has been suggested as 1 July 2015 but I wouldn't be surprised if it got pushed back a year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    You mean July 2016?

I suppose if they want to make employers remove their maternity leave, they need time for those employers to change their EBs etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @Allie Pallie the coalition is still working on implementation from 01 July 2015.
    But yes it wouldn't be surprising if it doesn't happen!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Allie Pallie View Post
    You mean July 2016?

I suppose if they want to make employers remove their maternity leave, they need time for those employers to change their EBs etc
    No it's currently 1 July 2015

8. The Following User Says Thank You to kw123 For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (19-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by grooviechic35 View Post
    I agree with u also.... Because they are smart and worked hard and have a plan they should be punished because people who never thought ahead just thought someone else would pick up the slack. What if the ppl requiring the assistance blew all their money on partying and travelling where as the others went without so they could provide later
    It's not about disadvantaging those that have been financially successful, it's about offering support to the needy.
    It actually reflects what I believe to be the REAL sense of entitlement issue. 'Someone else is getting it so I should too' regardless of what actual need they have.

Quote Originally Posted by grooviechic35 View Post
    How is it my friend who could work had a job and quit cause she could.... And then went on benefits (no children) and she owns a house and rents it out... Deliberately cleared her bank accounts so she looked broke and went and lived with her dad... Oh but also claimed rent. Assistance...
    Your friend needs to be reported to the fraud team. She's taking funding from those that actually NEED it in order to survive.

Quote Originally Posted by RmumR View Post
    What about child support? If parents are meant to financially support their adult kids then why does child support cut off at 18yrs old.

Just looking way into the future as DD1 is only 6 but say she is 21 and struggling financially im meant to support her but her dad gets off scot free cause he doesnt have to pay child support after she is 18??
    In some cases CS needs to be paid until 21yrs old. It has benefits and downfalls. There is a review into CS happening at the moment and they're calling for opinions. No assurances that they will listen, but now is the time to have your say

Quote Originally Posted by BH-KatiesMum View Post
    where is the incentive for Single Parents to earn anything? To try and help get themselves out of the never ending cycle of poverty?

Thats it! To be able to afford to work, you need to start off on a mid to high income! Starting from the bottom means that you end up disadvantaging your kids, your health, and your future. It's a rock and a hard place. We seriously need to make that single parent commune where children are raised in a village...

Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    If they have changed their minds I would have to seriously reconsider my decision to get my degree, the current fees is a debt that I find stressful enough as it is.
    I have given up- just going to keep on plodding along and putting my head in the sand. No one has any real details and even if we did, they change their minds so quick it doesn't really matter!

Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    So now Pyne is thinking of making HECs debts from deceased people be paid out of their estate. So now, not only do people actually have to make a decision whether or not to do it because it may be actually unaffordable, but now you also have to hope that you don't die because then your widow/children will suffer - as if it isn't bad enough losing a parent.

Why don't we just go the whole hog an introduce a death tax as well.

Worst....Government....ever.
    I actually agree that HEC's SHOULD be paid out of the estate. However I feel that in the unfortunate case that this occurs, it should be principal amount only. Even as HEC's it is a loan, preferably a no-interest loan, but a loan non-the-less. A mortgage, ccard etc would come out of the estate, I fail to see why HEC's should be exempt.

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterMoosMum View Post
    To me i feel in a sense its a population cull ( i know but stay with me here) think about it, healthcare, education, reducing or cutting payments for those in need. The poor & the elderly suffer greatly from some proposed budget measures.
    It seems like a very darwinian approach for a anti-science government lol. It does appear to be a survival of the fitest aproach. If you can't sustain yourself than you don't deserve to be a part of the community- regardless of situation or reason.

The whole budget is ridiculously frightening to me, especially all the medical funding changes. Yes there is a lot of waste in the public service, but massive cuts to jobs without assessing the running is short sighted and will cost more in the long run.

Why not invest in assessors and cut the actual FAT instead of just making amputations to departments and sectors?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yeah! Great news

The high court has ruled against the chaplain program!

11. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ExcuseMyFrench For This Useful Post:

beebs  (23-06-2014),ChickyBee  (19-06-2014),delirium  (19-06-2014),Izy  (19-06-2014),kw123  (19-06-2014),peanutmonkey  (19-06-2014),Purple Lily  (19-06-2014),snowqu33n  (19-06-2014),VicPark  (19-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ExcuseMyFrench View Post
    Yeah! Great news

The high court has ruled against the chaplain program!
    oohhh please share!! Is it to do with only allowing religious people in the position?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    No it's currently 1 July 2015

sorry I meant in reference to your feeling they will push it back until 2016.