+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I make them stay in bed until 6:30.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My oldest is an early riser, just like me. I leave to the gym to exercise in the morning. My oldest knows she's not allowed out of bed until 6am, but only because she has no idea of the meaning of the word quiet, so 6am means her siblings get adequate sleep. These cold mornings she tends to read in her warm and cosy bed until 6.30-7am, which is great (she's 8)!
    I really hate lazy, slow starts to the morning. I only ever have them when I'm sleep deprived. I don't have caffeinated drinks either, never have, and I'm a shift worker. I find two big glasses of water is enough to get me started, and I avoid simple carbs, because they exhaust me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Mine are very early risers, like 5am-ish or earlier sometimes. On my 3 work days I just get up and get ready and get going, but on home days I tend to cuddle up on the couch put the tv on and let them play. I don't sleep, at all, so it's really hard to get going some days. I'm also tryign to quit caffeine and sugar, because I think it's contributing to my insomnia, even though it's the only thing that really gets me through the day. Vicious cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    My 2 oldest are up by 5:30 at the latest most days. DS3 is up at about 7am.

I get up, sort some washing, pop a load on, make sure clothes are laid out for the day etc.

I am absolutely exhausted all the time. I think after 6 years im just used to it now though lol

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

5. The Following User Says Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (26-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We got a groclock and set it for 6am so dd 2.5 yrs knows its not wake up time Til 6. On the odd occasion she gets up before "sun wake up" (6am) I lie in her bed Til 6 with her. When we are awake we lie in bed for a while, dd having a glass of milk and I drink my cup of tea. We are slow to start in the mornings..

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have to get up at 5am anyway for work and I've been doing this for 5 years now so I'm used to it. Much prefer going to bed super early, and the shops are nice and empty too when you shop at 7 am on a weekend

It's also awesome to have chores done and a tidy house by 9am

First thing I do is take a no doz pill and have a cuppa ( and a naughty smoke if dd is still asleep), not healthy at all LOL

Oh and I crash and burn completely post lunch- if I'm at work or dd won't nap I take another no doz or drink a red bull haha. I also cope by going to bed early most nights- maybe once or twice a week I'll stay up "late" ie 10pm

Eta: I hate coffee so that's why I get my caffeine fix through no doz or red bull

Only recently 16 month old dd has began sleeping 11-12 hours too but I'm still used to waking several times a night And I'm sure the good sleep won't last it never does
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 26-05-2014 at 11:14.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (26-05-2014)

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    One advantage of having older children .... they can amuse themselves in the mornings

I am NOT a morning person.

I have been staying up later the last couple of weeks watching bike racing (3 week race on at the moment) so even worse in the mornings than normal

But DD is 8 ... and is able to make her own breakfast, turn on the tv, read or amuse herself.

When she was little, I used to have a rule she could turn on her light at 6 and read or play with her teddies (even at 2 or 3 she could count to 10, so "when the first number is 6", and at 7 she was allowed to get up.

One good thing - she developed a love of reading (she doesnt have toys in her room, only books and a few teddies)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The kids waking at 5.30/6am is totally normal in our household. We are up and going with brekky/getting dressed etc before 6am each day, and out the door before 7 on my 3 work days. All of mine have been early risers since birth, and they don't sleep in even if they go to bed later. So, we generally still stick to the 6 til 6 sleep rule (with some flexibility on weekends)- they are 7, 6 and almost 2. DH and I go to sleep at about 830pm most nights and sleep through til 5.30ish.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BornToBe View Post
    Wow - I totally admire that! So do you just keep going all day, or find yourself needing "down time" in the afternoon?
    If it's a work day then I have to keep going. But I nap with my girls 3-4 days a week usually even if I've had 8-9 hrs a night. Lack of sleep usually doesn't bother me as I know I eventually will catch up.

So short answer is it depends on the workload of the day.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Early riser here. I never used to be prior to having kids but I am now and love it. I couldn't sleep in if I tried anymore! When I had babies and they got up too early I would go walking.