+ Reply to Thread

Smile Newbie to Bubhub- TTCing

Hello all, I am new to the site and my partner and I are officially TTCing from yesterday... Very, very excited!!My partner and I have been together almost 3 years. We both have children from our previous marriages, however mine are Son going on 13 and daughter going on 10 whilst his daughters are going on 26 and 33... I know seems like a big age difference. My partner is 13 years older than me but we don't seem to see the difference at all, neither does either side of our families, which is great. Both our kids have a great relationship with each others partner and families. We are very lucky! My partner has a 13yo grandson and another grandchild is on it's way. My son and my partners (our) grandson get along too. Could not have planned it any better!! Sometimes I need to pinch myself. I am studying law and have another 2 1/2 yrs to go before i am finished but the urge for us to have a child together has been a talking point for almost 2 years and we decided about a month ago to give it a go. I had the Implanon (rod in the arm) removed on Friday024th May . We were going to wait until 6th June to have it removed but brought the date forward after further talks over the previous few nights. We are both excited. Our kids and families have often said when were we going to have a baby or we've chatted to them in a round-a-bout way to see what they think and the answer is 'got for it' if that is what we want. So with much thought and discussion here we are!!My worry is I might not even realize that I am preg (if it happens and our parts still work, lol) because it has been so long, my daughter is turning 10. lol. The great thing is although I would dearly love to fall pregnant and share the special gift of a child with my partner, there is no pressure at all. We can hope but we will wait and see what happens.Looking forward to sharing our journey as we all progress through this stage in our lives. xx

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Perth WA
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Hi and welcome to bubhub

best of luck for ttc-ing. Its always exciting .. and 13 and 10 are great ages for siblings. Independant and able to help you