+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes, firsttimemum34 it is totally okay to take when pregnant, that is when I first started taking magnesium as I just couldn't stop my legs jumping.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MummaOJ For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (25-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My restless legs are always worse if I've had alcohol, especially red wine. Is he having any in the evening? Maybe cut that out?

Is he actually sleeping through it? Mine constantly kept me awake but never DH. I always found moving to a different bed or the sofa helped me, not sure why, maybe because the other mattress was firmer? Being really warm as well. Maybe if he moved rather than you?

Has he started any new meds? Mine was awful on anti-depressants.
    Last edited by HollyGolightly81; 25-05-2014 at 22:32.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I found only the powder form of magnesium worked (putting it into a drink obviously) not the tablets.

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    He goes to bed no later the 8:30 most nights so he gets plenty of sleep. Doesn't drink wine maybe once a fortnight he will have a beer. He does sleep through it though but when he wakes his feet and legs are very painful. He is going to sleep elsewhere tonight so I can get some sleep, I feel bad about him having to but I really really need some sleep

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Magnesium Oil from health food stores. The oral tablets stopped working for me but the oil is a god send - a couple of sprays on the feet before bed and I've only had it once since Feb... and I'd forgotten to do the spray for a few nights.
    It's absorbed better transdermally than orally.
    Em

Sent from my GT-P5110

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by emski72 View Post
    Magnesium Oil from health food stores. The oral tablets stopped working for me but the oil is a god send - a couple of sprays on the feet before bed and I've only had it once since Feb... and I'd forgotten to do the spray for a few nights.
    It's absorbed better transdermally than orally.
    Em

Sent from my GT-P5110

Hi Em @emski72, are you still using while preggers? I got terrible RLS while pregnant, would love to think there's something safe that works.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy to say I finally got some sleep, wasn't much because DS2 woke up at 2 and was really restless but I still managed 4 hours so feel fantastic compared to other mornings this week. I will try and get him some magnesium oil and see if that helps him

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ertgirl View Post
    Hi Em @emski72, are you still using while preggers? I got terrible RLS while pregnant, would love to think there's something safe that works.
    That was one of the worst things while pregnant for me - you poor thing!!

The things that helped me...

Magnesium tablets before bed, try to rest before you get exhausted, warm shower, try and sleep with legs up (back of the couch works for a minute)
    Last resort - Panadol and a few laps around the house.

Good luck

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ButterflyMa For This Useful Post:

ertgirl  (26-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    @ertgirl yes I am because you're often mag deficient while pregnant. I find that I only need to use it about twice a week now though (I'd been using it every night from Feb to about March) as my levels must have increased from using it. It's also great to spray on any sore mucsles sprains etc. it does sting a little on sensitive areas sometimes, but I find if I just put it on the tops of my feet it's fine. You can wipe it off after 20 mins too as it feels like sea salt water on your skin.
    If you google it you'll come up with a lot of places selling it and they will claim it can almost cure anything but I'm somewhat more skeptical than that... but it did eliminate RLS for me.
    Em

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    You can kill two birds with one stone on this problem, have a hot bath with a good handful of Epsom salts. Then you get the heat plus the magnesium Just be sure to drink lots of water as the salts can be dehydrating