+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LlamaMa View Post
    I just looked at them on carsales. They do look ok, and the seat splits are perfect. Will see what DF says, they are an SUV, and he wants a 4wd. .thanks for the suggestion.
    I drive a 2010 seven seat challenger and it's a real 4wd - it's handled everything we've thrown at it and impressed many who weren't convinced it would make it lol! They are pretty much the same as a triton in terms of 4wd etc. The seats are exactly what you want, except I think you'll find that there isn't enough space for a pram behind the third row if they are up.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruby_Tuesday15 For This Useful Post:

LlamaMa  (26-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by squishie View Post
    I drive a 2010 seven seat challenger and it's a real 4wd - it's handled everything we've thrown at it and impressed many who weren't convinced it would make it lol! They are pretty much the same as a triton in terms of 4wd etc. The seats are exactly what you want, except I think you'll find that there isn't enough space for a pram behind the third row if they are up.
    DF has a twin cab triton that he loves, and i just told him this....he said we will have to have a look at the challenger. We'd only be using one of the rear seats, so we'd still have that bit of room for a pram when needed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So just looking at some pics of Challengers, and i've noticed something. The middle row of seats have the 60/40 split, which is perfect, but the flip down seat is on the drivers side, which is a but dangerous for getting in and out of for kids. Gah!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Methinks you might have to do some compromising darl :P I don't think you're going to quite get everything you want in a reliable model. It's a shame you can't choose which way the seats go. Would make life so much easier.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Demonica For This Useful Post:

LlamaMa  (26-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just looked at them on carsales. They do look ok, and the seat splits are perfect. Will see what DF says, they are an SUV, and he wants a 4wd. .thanks for the suggestion.
    Ours is a 4WD. (Can go between 2WD, AWD (for wet roads), 4WD high & low range). They are based on the triton base.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Robyn400 For This Useful Post:

LlamaMa  (26-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by squishie View Post
    Replied before I read the rest of the thread.

Ours has impressed a lot of people too. Took it 4WDing when we got it with factory tires, no add ons etc and went great!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Robyn400 For This Useful Post:

LlamaMa  (26-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonica View Post
    Methinks you might have to do some compromising darl :P I don't think you're going to quite get everything you want in a reliable model. It's a shame you can't choose which way the seats go. Would make life so much easier.
    Yep, i think so too. DF says the flip seat being on that side isn't too bad, and we rarely (almost never) park on the roadside.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to LlamaMa For This Useful Post:

Demonica  (27-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Robyn400 View Post
    Ours is a 4WD. (Can go between 2WD, AWD (for wet roads), 4WD high & low range). They are based on the triton base.
    I think the challenger is winning the race so far

Thanks
    Reviews
    So a bit of an update. We went and looked at some Mitsubishi Challengers and are going to test drive one this afternoon. We will probably be trading in our 2010 Triton too, so we're hopeful for a good deal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    So a bit of an update. We went and looked at some Mitsubishi Challengers and are going to test drive one this afternoon. We will probably be trading in our 2010 Triton too, so we're hopeful for a good deal.
    Out of curiosity your Triton, is it diesel? What economy do you get? If you don't mind me asking?