+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Subaru tribeca
    They look really good! Subaru are a good car....thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Everyone has recommend pathfinders to us

3. The Following User Says Thank You to maternidade For This Useful Post:

LlamaMa  (26-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you looked at a Mitsubishi Challanger? We've got the 5 seater but I know they do a 7. Not sure what the back seat split is but ours (which would end up being the middle row) is 60/40. It's a 4WD diesel.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Robyn400 For This Useful Post:

LlamaMa  (26-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    We have 4 kids (3 still in booster seats) and couldn't find a 7 seater that worked for us. Not enough boot space in any of them. Also we often have one or 2 extra kids in tow (school friends). We went with a van in the end.

Be interested to hear what you go with.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

LlamaMa  (26-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a Toyota Prado. We have 3 x 5 point harness booster seats across our back seat and they fit fine and can still close door without hitting the chairs etc. We have an additional 3 seats in the boot which we alway use one so still have plenty of room in boot to use to pack bags etc

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ClearCrystal For This Useful Post:

LlamaMa  (26-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Stay away from Pajero, there is a reason they have earned the nickname poojero and yes the pathfinders gearboxes are prone to failure along with the engine. It's hard to find a decent 4wd these days, so many companies have dropped their quality dramatically all in the name of savings. The most reliable of any is of course the Toyota range landcruiser and Prado especially the turbo diesels.The diesels can go to 500 000kms easy with no issues what so ever as long as they are serviced. Leathers you'll only really see in the ritzy wanna be 4wds that don't belong anywhere near a dirt track. You can purchase custom fit leather seat covers as a compromise though easily enough.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Demonica For This Useful Post:

GrabbyCrabby  (26-05-2014),LlamaMa  (26-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Robyn400 View Post
    Have you looked at a Mitsubishi Challanger? We've got the 5 seater but I know they do a 7. Not sure what the back seat split is but ours (which would end up being the middle row) is 60/40. It's a 4WD diesel.
    I just looked at them on carsales. They do look ok, and the seat splits are perfect. Will see what DF says, they are an SUV, and he wants a 4wd. .thanks for the suggestion.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ClearCrystal View Post
    We have a Toyota Prado. We have 3 x 5 point harness booster seats across our back seat and they fit fine and can still close door without hitting the chairs etc. We have an additional 3 seats in the boot which we alway use one so still have plenty of room in boot to use to pack bags etc
    Thanks. We liked at some Prados, but the boot space was quite small for what we want. It's so annoying, this car business!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonica View Post
    Stay away from Pajero, there is a reason they have earned the nickname poojero and yes the pathfinders gearboxes are prone to failure along with the engine. It's hard to find a decent 4wd these days, so many companies have dropped their quality dramatically all in the name of savings. The most reliable of any is of course the Toyota range landcruiser and Prado especially the turbo diesels.The diesels can go to 500 000kms easy with no issues what so ever as long as they are serviced. Leathers you'll only really see in the ritzy wanna be 4wds that don't belong anywhere near a dirt track. You can purchase custom fit leather seat covers as a compromise though easily enough.
    Haha, hadn't heard poojero before! I knew i'd be pushing my luck with leather.....my current car just gets so messy, i love the idea of wipe clean seats

Thanks
    Reviews
    They're awesome until its summer and you burn the crap out of your back. I still love mine regardless even if the kids don't

It sounds like you're just about in need of a troopy lol. Now those things have a hell of a lot of space, too old though for what you're after. We're in the same boat with cars atm. I refuse to buy a minivan and hubby to be won't let me get a 4wd cause they make me too aggressive

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Demonica For This Useful Post:

LlamaMa  (26-05-2014)