+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default 7 seater 4wd.....

So with #4 on the way, we are needing to upgrade our car. We are looking for a 7 seater 4wd that will fill all of our needs. We go away camping with a camper trailer quite a lot, so it needs to have good towing capacity. We also need a fair amount of boot space, as we would like to be able to take our dogs (and the kiddies!) with us when we go away. 3 of our children will still be in car seats too.

Our main wants in a vehicle are:

Between 2008-2013 model
    Priced up to about 35k max
    60/40 split in the middle row
    50/50 split in the rear seats
    Enough boot space when rear seats are up for at least a pram (Phil and Teds)
    Good towing and 4wd (our camper trailer is an offroad one)
    Diesel engine
    I would like leather interior for cleanliness sake, but i know i'm probably pushing that one!

At the moment, the only car that has fit our needs has been the Nissan Pathfinder....it has a 60/40 split in the middle seats so we don't have to remove car seats, to allow access to the rear seats, which also have a 50/50 split (we will only have one in the rear seats, so the other seat can be put down to allow more room for dogs. The only problem we have found with the Pathfinder is that mechanincally they have a bit of a bad reputation. We've been told by two people that they are renowned for gearbox problems, and one of our friends has had two (2006 model and 2013 model) have problems. The Pathfinder also has a fairly large boot space, even when both rear seats are being used, compared to the Prado, Landscruiser and Patrol that we looked at. DF doesn't want an SUV or a people mover, and this will be a long term car (10 years +).

So, to cut this long winded story short, i'm after suggestions on suitable vehicles.....cars are such hard work!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LlamaMa For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (26-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I just saw a new Holden colarado 7 when I was out walking it looked nice. Don't know anything else about it though!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mummy12 For This Useful Post:

LlamaMa  (25-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mummy12 View Post
    I just saw a new Holden colarado 7 when I was out walking it looked nice. Don't know anything else about it though!
    Well, there you go! I'd never even heard of that one! I just had a look on carsales and there was only one within our budget...but good to know and keep our eye out. Thanks for the suggestion

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you don't abselutely need 4x4 capacity have you looked at the Hyundai 7 seaters? I know with bigger vans like 2007 & later Transit & IMax they have turbo diesel so they have just as good towing capacity as our Navara & great boot space, fuel efficient as well.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Natty12 For This Useful Post:

LlamaMa  (25-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Llamama I just trashed (TAGGED I meant tagged! lol) you in another thread. Not sure if you had seen it already.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to DesperatelySeekingSleep For This Useful Post:

LlamaMa  (25-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Natty12 View Post
    If you don't abselutely need 4x4 capacity have you looked at the Hyundai 7 seaters? I know with bigger vans like 2007 & later Transit & IMax they have turbo diesel so they have just as good towing capacity as our Navara & great boot space, fuel efficient as well.
    We did look at those, and space wise they are great. Unfortunately they don't have great 4wd abilities. Thanks for the suggestion!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post
    Llamama I just trashed (TAGGED I meant tagged! lol) you in another thread. Not sure if you had seen it already.
    Will go and have a read, thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you looked into a Pajero? I have an older model and love it - thought it doesn't quite tick all your boxes, the newer models might. Very reliable cars.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BornToBe For This Useful Post:

LlamaMa  (26-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Subaru tribeca

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

kezanazz  (26-05-2014),LlamaMa  (26-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BornToBe View Post
    Have you looked into a Pajero? I have an older model and love it - thought it doesn't quite tick all your boxes, the newer models might. Very reliable cars.
    Pajero was perfect, except the rear seat wasn't split. Had awesome safety ratings too!