+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default How the other half live..

I mean those of us that are single mothers and are pretty poor. How do you indulge yourselves? What's a treat for you? Aside from the obvious -loving and spending precious time with our children..What do you look forward to even maybe once a month? I get excited over really lame stuff like tv shows and vanilla chai lattes (made at home). Yeah I'm a real mover and shaker lol. So really I was just curious about what makes you all happy doesn't matter how small it is

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    A really good book is my main indulgence, getting some quiet time to do Yoga, very occasionally going out for a drink with friends - only doable very recently since my youngest will now allow himself be put to bed by someone other than me woohoo! Have to be back by 1am though....

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MilkingMaid For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (25-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Soccer training or game. Love it, love it, love it. $300-400 for the entire season (including all gear) and we're off. Endless weekends of fun! DS comes with me, I buy him a sausage sandwich ($3.50), pack him some snacks and we're good for the day. He loves it as he gets to play with some friends while I'm on the field and the other parents, friends and players all look out for him.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SimplyMum For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (27-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Hmm, I love spending time alone. Not having to deal with fights, whinging for food and the likes... just silence! I can lay in bed, read a book, watch something on youtube or the likes. It's pure bliss.

Going out for drinks or to a movie with a friend every now and then is a nice break from the regular routine. I've never really been able to go out since having kids, so it's a nice change after 9 years.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

HearMeRoar  (22-06-2014),KaraB  (27-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ending 5/6/15100 Posts in a week
    I love studying at university. I am doing the degree i have always dreamed of growing up and i find that it is fun to do (except for silly assignments that have zero relevance). I love curling up in bed at night and watching lecturers on my subjects and attending field pracs.

I also go to the markets every second friday. I buy lots of fresh produce and haggle. I know lots of the store owners and have a good chat.

Every friday lunchtime my boyfriend takes me out on a lunch date to our favourite food van.

Every sunday, my kids and i go and have a day of family time. I usually pack a picnic or bbq and we explore our city and surrounds. National parks, parks, pick your own fruit farms, museums. Lots of fun

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Maxwell's Silver Hammer For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (27-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love a good coffee, a good book and chocolate, lying in bed reading and just relaxing.
    I wish I had money!! I'd love to be able to buy a take away coffee regularly and just sit and enjoy it!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MumOfT For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (22-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My parents look after my daughter one night a week and I do Bikram Yoga. Pure Bliss

13. The Following User Says Thank You to nudge88 For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (22-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I get my hair done every 6wks. I enjoy it. I work hard and its one whole day of working for me to get it done but its worth it as i feel good.

Other than that, i see my friends generally once a week for dinner and drinks. Sometimes i take kiddo there but i try not to as everyone(including the other kids) all sleep in and he is up at stupid oclock.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using The Bub Hub mobile app

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Myztiks#1Fan For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (22-06-2014)